Home

NCAA Football 10 - Current Plans

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 - Current Plans within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2009, 09:22 PM   #161
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 10 - Current Plans

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake88
im not shocked for some reason that the developers that before this demo dwelled in this thread are now nowhere to be found.
Hopefully they're cramming as many fixes into this patch as humanly possible...but I wouldn't bet on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #162
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I give Russ and EA credit for manning up and admitting their mistakes but the fact that the mistakes happened once again really is pretty unacceptable. It's pretty surprising that a company of EA's size could have such poor game testing. Also, although I appreciate Russ posting this I must say that the cynical side of me views this as an attempt to save some sales and save some face.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-20-2009, 11:25 PM   #163
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I give Russ and EA credit for manning up and admitting their mistakes but the fact that the mistakes happened once again really is pretty unacceptable. It's pretty surprising that a company of EA's size could have such poor game testing. Also, although I appreciate Russ posting this I must say that the cynical side of me views this as an attempt to save some sales and save some face.
I still don't understand why they don't use you or AA for testing.

Send 3-5 members of OS a copy of NCAA and we can have every flaw listed in alphabetical order in 10 days and we'll do it for free. Clearly the current testers are turrible (worse than Ernie), so why not change it up a bit?

Last edited by Cebby; 06-20-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 PM   #164
MVP

mastershake88's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigemAGGIES13
Hopefully they're cramming as many fixes into this patch as humanly possible...but I wouldn't bet on it.
lol whatever someone needs to believe that would make someone sleep well at night.
Decade of Excellence
FHS '06, UMBC,'13,CCBC '15 UMUC '15
Old 06-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #165
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
It's a wonder that EA bothers patching this game at all given the harsh and scathing reception some people here are giving them. They're not obligated to do anything with the game post-release, but yet they're posting a patch because A) we've requested it (some with controlled, polite language; others using a far more disappointing tone), and B) they want to.

I'm not excusing the game's development cycle for playing out the way it did, as certainly there have been some unnecessary missteps (particularly with the rosters; this can't happen again), but if EA says they're going to add / fix content to the game with a patch or an EA Locker downloadable file, and we take their words at face value, does it really matter this year that the patch content is not on the disc? We're getting it either way.

I feel for the people who don't have internet access through their consoles, but for most people in this forum there's no reason to use such harsh language towards the developers when all they really want is to create an enjoyable and good college football game.
It's not a wonder that they're patching the game when, otherwise, you'd have a game shipped with multiple egregious and inconceivable errors-- for the rosters to be broken is just embarrassing, and for sliders STILL to be messed up is nothing short of laughable. Such language might not be "polite," but, unfortunately, it's actually honest and truly accurate. The issue is not that we're getting it, but rather how in the world was the game made without it?

I'm glad that the EA crew is working on a patch-- with any luck (and I'm not counting on it, based on their next-gen track record [which, if we're being honest, is fair game]), the patch will fix things that shouldn't have been broken in the first place.

Seriously, would anyone here have said years ago that they'd be okay with the 4th nextgen installment being way behind oldgen and shipped with roster errors and broken sliders? The answer is a resounding no.

I'm glad the EA crew isn't just hiding in the shadows for inexcusable errors-- of course, I'd be working on a patch too, if it would save my own skin and hopefully improve inexplicably downward-moving NCAA game and sales.

Last edited by jeeve; 06-21-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #166
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeve
It's not a wonder that they're patching the game when, otherwise, you'd have a game shipped with multiple egregious and inconceivable errors-- for the rosters to be broken is just embarrassing, and for sliders STILL to be messed up is nothing short of laughable. Such language might not be "polite," but, unfortunately, it's actually honest and truly accurate. The issue is not that we're getting it, but rather how in the world was the game made without it?

I'm glad that the EA crew is working on a patch-- with any luck (and I'm not counting on it, based on their next-gen track record [which, if we're being honest, is fair game]), the patch will fix things that shouldn't have been broken in the first place.

Seriously, would anyone here have said years ago that they'd be okay with the 4th nextgen installment being way behind oldgen and shipped with roster errors and broken sliders? The answer is a resounding no.

I'm glad the EA crew isn't just hiding in the shadows for inexcusable errors-- of course, I'd be working on a patch too, if it would save my own skin and hopefully improve inexplicably downward-moving NCAA game and sales.
I have to assume you're a regular poster's alternate screen name.

I simply don't believe that a person with 13 posts can make a post that is this good in quality. Mr. "ask" jeeve manages to make a post that addresses major criticisms without saying anything overtly offensive.

Quality poster IMO. And seriously, posts like "It's a wonder that EA bothers patching this game at all given the harsh and scathing reception some people here are giving them." are a joke. EA wouldn't get "harsh and scathing" receptions if they wouldn't ship a game with abysmal rosters and non-functional sliders.

Last edited by Cebby; 06-21-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:23 AM   #167
Rookie

Very good atleast they are thrying todo do something about it..

What exactly is the game play sliders?

and the toggle off and on is that for the screen to shake?
Old 06-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #168
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I have to assume you're a regular poster's alternate screen name.

I simply don't believe that a person with 13 posts can make a post that is this good in quality. Mr. "ask" jeeve manages to make a post that addresses major criticisms without saying anything overtly offensive.

Quality poster IMO. And seriously, posts like "It's a wonder that EA bothers patching this game at all given the harsh and scathing reception some people here are giving them." are a joke. EA wouldn't get "harsh and scathing" receptions if they wouldn't ship a game with abysmal rosters and non-functional sliders.

Actually, I'm not an alternate screen name-- I'm jeeve for just about every message board I post on, from ESPN, to U of L's scout site, to rivals.com, to ncaastrategies, and OS. I'm glad you liked my post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »