Home

Am I the only person looking forward to SS?

This is a discussion on Am I the only person looking forward to SS? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #17
Rookie

VolPett's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Am I the only person looking forward to SS?

I'm going to give it the benefit of a doubt.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

The way I see it, it's not gonna hurt anything. I doubt it'll make much difference online, but it's a start. People act like this is the worst thing to ever be added to a video game. Granted, it is a waste of resources the NCAA team could be using on other things, but it can't hurt the game overall. I'm a little interested to see how it works, but more indifferent about it than anything else.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #19
Rookie

jeffreyw1's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmanj
SS is a great idea that was originally started by the FIFA team with their interactive tables. It is not the exact same thing, but the concept is very similar. I tried like hell to devote myself to Newcastle United and i just found it EXTREMELY difficult to play teams like West Ham, Wigan, and even Everton. And this is a world wide sport! I see a lot of florida, ohio state, and usc fans having a hard time finding Miss States, Northwesterns, and WAZZUs. So in the end we will just have our cluster of everybody being the same core of teams.
My brother plays with MS State online and every time almost when he takes them someone ends up wanting to play him with the Fla, OH States Okls(teams that rank right around 20 points above him). The strange thing his he does have a losing record bad losing record and these people wanting to play him has all the wins in the world(just a bunch of cheesers for the most part) He would like me to ask if they would like to take Western Kentucky Utah State or the Idaho's and play him? He would only be maybe 15 points over them and they already have way more wins than him. They should be able to beat him with those teams shouldn't they?
Old 06-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyw1
My brother plays with MS State online and every time almost when he takes them someone ends up wanting to play him with the Fla, OH States Okls(teams that rank right around 20 points above him). The strange thing his he does have a losing record bad losing record and these people wanting to play him has all the wins in the world(just a bunch of cheesers for the most part) He would like me to ask if they would like to take Western Kentucky Utah State or the Idaho's and play him? He would only be maybe 15 points over them and they already have way more wins than him. They should be able to beat him with those teams shouldn't they?
The team you use is completely irrelevant. Well almost, maybe instead of just running stick to Percy Harvin, you'll have to use a couple more plays, but with how soft coverage is, the team you use doesn't make much of a difference. And if you're looking to ask people, you should probably plug a mic in and do it.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:16 PM   #21
stewaat

OVR:

I will never understand why people want to play randoms for the sake of some "points".

I think it is beyond stupid, but whatever floats your boat.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2009, 10:13 PM   #22
Rookie

jeffreyw1's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by el bandolero
The team you use is completely irrelevant. Well almost, maybe instead of just running stick to Percy Harvin, you'll have to use a couple more plays, but with how soft coverage is, the team you use doesn't make much of a difference. And if you're looking to ask people, you should probably plug a mic in and do it.
i get what you are saying about inviting people but dont understand your comment above that please explain better.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:18 PM   #23
Rookie

Crono139's Arena

OVR: 2

It confused me, too.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyw1
i get what you are saying about inviting people but dont understand your comment above that please explain better.
The team you use should have next to no affect on how well you play. The only exception is Florida because of their ridiculous speed ratings. Other than that, you should not win or lose because of your team. The reason being due to how poor pass rush is, how terrible man coverage is, and because how soft the zone coverage is. With the most rudimentary knowledge of football (2>1 is all you need to know), you can shred any defense with any team. [Well, until they start subbing in all their fast players for defense, but this only affects pass protection, and is extremely rare]. I gurantee you (and have tested) that i can take WKU and be within +/-7 points of your score running 5 pass plays and 1 run play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »