Home

A Solution for CPU Run Game

This is a discussion on A Solution for CPU Run Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8
A Solution for CPU Run Game

I moved up to All American and the CPU cannot run against me. 17 carries for 9 yards is typical. I tried playing against Georgia Tech and got the same result. I moved back down to Varsity and the CPU can run the ball now. I'm convinced that varsity plays according to player ratings and not some skewed (read: screwed up) A.I. formula with higher difficulty levels or slider settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: A Solution for CPU Run Game

Well I've been giving up a load of rushing yards on AA lately, although most of that can probably be attributed to the fact that I'm now 33 and my hand-eye coordination isn't what it used to be. Sometimes open field tackling for me is an adventure. LOL I've been playing with human tackling at 45, cpu run blocking at 50, and cpu rb ability at 55.

Have you done a lot of slider tweaking on AA? I've tried keeping most sliders as close to default as possible. The game plays better for me that way. The sliders really seem to make a difference on this year's game and several adjustments can really screw up gameplay.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 13

on AA try
CPU RB ability - 60
CPU Run Block - 50

Human Rush dee - 15
Human Tackle - 55
Old 07-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Rookie

coachchris's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I moved up to All American and the CPU cannot run against me. 17 carries for 9 yards is typical. I tried playing against Georgia Tech and got the same result. I moved back down to Varsity and the CPU can run the ball now. I'm convinced that varsity plays according to player ratings and not some skewed (read: screwed up) A.I. formula with higher difficulty levels or slider settings.
I agree 100%. I think the game plays so well with the right sliders on Varsity. If you want a challenge try Playmakers Level 2 slider set against a team that can run i.e. Wisconsin. I am 34 now so I understand what the previous poster is saying about the open field tackling but the CPU could never run the ball on me like Wisconsin did to ASU for two games. I think they ran for 400+ and 300+ in the two games I tested.

I actually tweaked PM's level two tackle slider to 35/35 because there were to many btk but it was fun having the cpu run the ball on me.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachchris
I agree 100%. I think the game plays so well with the right sliders on Varsity. If you want a challenge try Playmakers Level 2 slider set against a team that can run i.e. Wisconsin. I am 34 now so I understand what the previous poster is saying about the open field tackling but the CPU could never run the ball on me like Wisconsin did to ASU for two games. I think they ran for 400+ and 300+ in the two games I tested.

I actually tweaked PM's level two tackle slider to 35/35 because there were to many btk but it was fun having the cpu run the ball on me.
Could you link me to Playmakers sliders that you're using? I would love to give them a try. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard
on AA try
CPU RB ability - 60
CPU Run Block - 50

Human Rush dee - 15
Human Tackle - 55

IMHO you need to drop human tackle or the CPU won't realistically break enough tackles. Sadly, in this game, that's where the CPU run game gets its yards.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
MVP

Hoos's Arena

OVR: 21

Besides finding a good set of sliders that help boost the CPU running, you can also set a house rule for yourself while playing on defense. Many guys on here (including myself) do not use the player switch function post snap. Simply pick the player you want to control and stick with that player until the play is over. If a running play goes the opposite direction from where your guy is lined up, refrain from mashing the player switch button and just let the AI do the pursuit and tackling.

This method of gameplay has got the CPU putting up a respectable amount of yards on me, so much so that I've had to back down on the slider settings used to improve their running

At this point I am seeing a nice variety of rushing yards by the AI HB's

PSN: hoos4974

Last edited by Hoos; 07-31-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Here's the solution guaranteed:

I have some sliders in the slider section, but if you don't want to use them, here's a fix in a nutshell.

Play on Heisman because the AI is brain dead on AA.

Bump up the AI run blocking to 75 and super sim kick-offs. Adam said the patch will make it so the run block slider does not impact specail teams, but until then, Super Sim kick-offs and you'll see a great running game from the AI. Options are still a little sketchy though because of the AI pitch logic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »