Home

I wish for next year you could adjust the sliders by 1 instead of 5

This is a discussion on I wish for next year you could adjust the sliders by 1 instead of 5 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #1
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
I wish for next year you could adjust the sliders by 1 instead of 5

The sliders work, but are too powerful I believe to be adjusted by 5 at a time. For example, in my first 8 games the cpu had a pass completion percentage of about 70% every game which is unrealistic. So I dropped the cpu Passing Accuracy from 50 to 45 figuring it would drop them down to around 60% completion. Instead, in the two games that I have played since then the cpu only completed 50% and 45% of it's passes in those two games.

It shouldn't have that drastic of an effect. If we could adjust the sliders by 1 instead of 5, by lowering them to say 48 I probably could have the cpu completing around 60%. On a side note, would I get better results this year by putting the cpu pass accuracy back to 50 and instead increasing my defensive pass coverage to 55?

The running sliders have had the same drastic effect. When the cpu had offensive run blocking set to 50 they were avg 3ypc. So I bumped up the cpu offensive run blocking to 55 and as a result they started to avg 8ypc.

I just think it would be much better for people going after realistic stats while playing the cpu to make the sliders adjustable by 1 at a time instead of 5. Either that or tone down the effectiveness of the sliders so that moving a particular slider from 50 to 55 doesn't have a drastic effect on a particular stat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 09:58 PM   #2
Rookie

jimmytheking's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: I wish for next year you could adjust the sliders by 1 instead of 5

Good call. Was thinking the same thing. At least the sliders work this go-round
Old 07-29-2009, 11:14 PM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Some sliders works better than others, I'm still not happy with it.
Sliders should cover a range of 0-100 0 being 0 never, none, etc and 100 being always, everytime 100%
The scale of 5 to 5 would be enough if sliders work they way I described.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

It would be great if in patch #2 they somehow improved the sliders because to be honest I think this is a half decent game if we could just tweak it properly.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
Some sliders works better than others, I'm still not happy with it.
Sliders should cover a range of 0-100 0 being 0 never, none, etc and 100 being always, everytime 100%
The scale of 5 to 5 would be enough if sliders work they way I described.
I would agree with your idea also. If each time you adjusted the sliders by 5 and it had a 5% effect that would do the job also. At least this way, if pass completion % was at 70% for the cpu, you would know that by dropping pass accuracy by 5 would change the completion % to around 65%, etc.

Last edited by ab2c4; 07-30-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Everyone wanted more powerful sliders, and now everyone is complaining about them?

I'm glad I'm not a developer, because no one seems to know what they want.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm very happy with the sliders. They are pretty powerful, but I've been playing with a few of the Heisman slider sets that people have posted, and have been getting pretty good games.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #8
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
Everyone wanted more powerful sliders, and now everyone is complaining about them?

I'm glad I'm not a developer, because no one seems to know what they want.

I hear ya! I was playing a game and the computer's pass completion % was higher than i wanted it to be. I decided that I should do something about it on the field instead of mess with sliders. I don't understand the people that want their stats to always be within a certain range every game. If that is the case then why play?

I love the idea of sliders and do use them myself, but i don't adjust them and tweak them during every game. I have run with some for 5 games and then tweaked them from there. Tested them another 5 games and liked the averages. Now there are games that are very good most of the time and then games that aren't.

just ask USC last year when they lost to Oregon St. They should have never lost to them on paper, but when it came down to it they lost. If that happened in a video game some would accuse broken sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »