Home

People can still use Recruit Advisor and Recruit Reports in online dynasties

This is a discussion on People can still use Recruit Advisor and Recruit Reports in online dynasties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
People can still use Recruit Advisor and Recruit Reports in online dynasties

Bad news: People can still use the recruiting advisor and the recruit reports......

Good news: Essentially, you also can use the recruiting advisor.. without cheating.

Ok, here is the issue. People that have purchased the recruit advisor and recruit reports can still use them in Online dynasties.

EA implemented the ability to switch them off for the commish... But the problem is, anybody can save it offline, go in, turn them "ON" and use them.

So that's pretty bad news. But at least the fix does get rid of the really cheesy stuff like extra pipeline states, max training, etc.

The recruiting advisor does one of four things:

1) Gives you information on a recruit that is interested that you would not have known about

2) Unlocks some pitches for you for a couple of players on your list

3) Tells you about a guy on your recruiting list that will sign instantly if you talk to him.

4) Tells you about certain players that are trying to decide what school they want to attend (the effect is shown by a X2 when you call them, and you will get double the influence for everything you do during that call)

The Recruit Reports is another story... There's no workaround to give you even footing with somebody who has purchased this and is using it with the offline dynasty... It tells them how many minutes all the teams spent on recruits the past week.... Yikes. I got no fix for this one.... And it can be turned on when the person saves it as an offline...

But, for recruit advisor, here is a quick sequence of things you can do (without purchasing it) to basically get the same effect. It's "there" for everybody, the recruiting advisor cheat just saves you a couple minutes....

First thing to do is go look at the players on YOUR recruit board... Click on the first one with the right stick to go into the more information screen about him. Then, with the right stick, scroll through your players. Look for a "Padlock" graphic behind the players. If you see an unlocked padlock on a couple of your players, that is what the advisor "did" for that week. You're done, and you can view what he unlocked if you want.

Next step if you didn't see the padlock on any of the players...... Go to the "all prospects" button, and Right click stick for "more information" on the very first player... Scroll down with the right stick at least through all the four star players. Look for a pink-colored diamond shaped deal by any of the players. If you find one (It is there whether you have purchased the DLC or not) that is the player that is secretly interested in you. You're done.

IF neither of those two are there... Then it's either that one of your players on the list will sign with you that week, immediately when you talk to them.... Or the X2 influence during a call (#4 on the list of things the advisor does for you) For somebody cheating, they will know exactly who these players are. The smart thing to do would be to keep your list small enough so that you manually call each of your players each week... Therefore if the insta-sign or the x2 influence is on a player you will get the benefit...

Hope this helps, I don't want people getting taken advantage of by cheaters.

Last edited by Hellisan; 07-31-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 08:41 AM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: People can still use Recruit Advisor and Recruit Reports in online dynasties

Wow that is almost too much info! Sounds like you have researched this thoroughly.

BTW I hopped in my dynasty to see if I could see this stuff and I see none of it. I see a target with a football guy in front of it. I see no padlock or pink diamond.

Last edited by stewaat; 07-31-2009 at 08:51 AM.

Old 07-31-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: People can still use Recruit Advisor and Recruit Reports in online dynasties

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
BTW I hopped in my dynasty to see if I could see this stuff and I see none of it. I see a target with a football guy in front of it. I see no padlock or pink diamond.
Helli,

For that to work, do we have to save an online dynasty as an offline dynasty? Or should we be able to see those things while the dynasty is still online?
Old 07-31-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by millikin54
Helli,

For that to work, do we have to save an online dynasty as an offline dynasty? Or should we be able to see those things while the dynasty is still online?
It's when someone saves an online dynasty to offline. If they have purchased the accelerators, then they can just load it up as an offline and do all the research they need.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 07-31-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
It's when someone saves an online dynasty to offline. If they have purchased the accelerators, then they can just load it up as an offline and do all the research they need.
Ok, thanks. I thought he was saying anyone should be able to see the locks and/or diamonds, even if they didn't have the add-on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2009, 12:19 PM   #6
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

If you want to go to all recruits available and scroll through 100-300, you'll eventually see a diamond or lock or two, it's just insanely time consuming.

The advisor 99% of the time, if you have a good school, so far alerts me to sub-standard people with the diamond I don't want or alerts me too late after other schools have raised their bars beyond your ability to catch up.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by millikin54
Helli,

Nah, my whole point was you can get the same things without cheating. (except the thing that tells you how many minutes other people were using)

I know people will say it's TMI or who cares, or why would you tell people how to cheat, but I think honest ppl are better off if they know some of the options cheaters have at their disposal. I'm sure there are a lot more out there.

Last edited by Hellisan; 07-31-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvandor
If you want to go to all recruits available and scroll through 100-300, you'll eventually see a diamond or lock or two, it's just insanely time consuming.

The advisor 99% of the time, if you have a good school, so far alerts me to sub-standard people with the diamond I don't want or alerts me too late after other schools have raised their bars beyond your ability to catch up.

The first part is actually incorrect. If you click on the very first recruit and then scroll through at top speed with the right stick, the diamond will pop up very quickly... In other words it takes less than a minute.

I haven't seen enough of those type of prospects to know if they are any good.. The one I saw that was interested in me wasn't worth recruiting and already had 2-3 teams after him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »