Home

Fixed BCS Rankings in 2010

This is a discussion on Fixed BCS Rankings in 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Fixed BCS Rankings in 2010

I really hope they have worked on the BCS formula for 2010. No more Boise State, Tulsa playing for the championship!! All that mattered in 09 was the teams overall record. Strength of schedule, BCS conferences, etc had no effect on the rankings. Pretty much if a team was undefeated they were going to the championship.

Last edited by JayD; 02-08-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Fixed BCS Rankings in 2010

Ya. Even if those undefeated teams should be making the championship in real life, that's not what happens. Also, there should be a lot less undefeated teams.
Old 02-08-2009, 02:57 PM   #3
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12

You may wanna take UConn off your list there. They play in a BCS conference and if they ever did go undefeated they deserve to be in the NC. Especially with teams like WVU, Louisville, USF, Cinci, and even a decent Rutgers teams in the same conference. Granted this isn't the same Big East that had Miami, VT, and BC. Thanks a lot ACC.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I really hope they have worked on the BCS formula for 2010. No more Boise State, Tulsa, Uconn playing for the championship!! All that mattered in 09 was the teams overall record. Strength of schedule, BCS conferences, etc had no effect on the rankings. Pretty much if a team was undefeated they were going to the championship.
I agree with Tulsa. I disagree with Boise State and UConn. UConn is in a BCS conference. And Boise State, I could definitely see them winning a NC...just as long as they schedule against some good BCS schools...I could see it.

But I agree with your overall point. It does need to be tweaked a little bit. I had Ball St. win the National Championship one year.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-08-2009, 05:08 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

yeah i completely forgot that Uconn was in the Big East. Boise St. I do not believe they should ever be in the championship unless they beat 2 or more ranked teams that are in a BCS conference, but my whole point of this thread was that the BCS formula they have now needs a complete over haul and that i hope they addressed this.

Last edited by JayD; 02-08-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
All Star

JayD's Arena

Something that i dont know is can a team that plays in a non BCS conference even play in the BCS championship game?
Old 02-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

I'm sorry but until Boise St. changes conferences and plays more than 1 or 2 (including their bowl game) ranked BCS conference opponents in a season they have no business in a championship game.

Outside of beating Oklahoma (with a QB that started the year at WR) in the Fiesta Bowl what have they really done other than own a very weak conference? How did that game vs. Georgia go for them? How about when they played a 4 win Husky team in Seattle when they were ranked?

They beat Oregon this year, but Oregon also was in the middle of going through a ton of QBs (played 3 in that game) and once they settled on their current starter they were a very very tough offense to stop (and would have ran up the score on BSU). And that is coming from a UW fan that has a very tough time saying anything complementary about the ducks.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biodawg03
I'm sorry but until Boise St. changes conferences and plays more than 1 or 2 (including their bowl game) ranked BCS conference opponents in a season they have no business in a championship game.

Outside of beating Oklahoma (with a QB that started the year at WR) in the Fiesta Bowl what have they really done other than own a very weak conference? How did that game vs. Georgia go for them? How about when they played a 4 win Husky team in Seattle when they were ranked?

They beat Oregon this year, but Oregon also was in the middle of going through a ton of QBs (played 3 in that game) and once they settled on their current starter they were a very very tough offense to stop (and would have ran up the score on BSU). And that is coming from a UW fan that has a very tough time saying anything complementary about the ducks.
I guess we all have our opinions, but I could very well see Boise St win a National Championship...hell BYU did it in 1980. It can be done. Like I said, they would have to schedule a few games in their season against a ranked BCS school to have a shot.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »