Home

OS'ers who play with Nebraska or a two back system...

This is a discussion on OS'ers who play with Nebraska or a two back system... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
Rookie

Makaveli1421's Arena

OVR: 2
OS'ers who play with Nebraska or a two back system...

I am a Husker-gamer thru thick and thin and as you know they tend to go deep into the depth chart at WR & TE, using anywhere from 2-7 wides in a game and also going 4 deep @ tight end. But my main question is with Castille & Helu (and possibly Burkhead) how do you distribute the ball to the backs? When they had formation subs under the depth chart at the pause screen life was so easy, but now all i can do is for RB's go formation by formation and "spell" the RB randomly. This does not answer my WR problem though... any insight on how you guys "share the wealth"...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Rookie

husker237's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: OS'ers who play with Nebraska or a two back system...

I usually sub Castille in all the formations that use 2 tight ends when I use them. So most of the time I'm using Castille in short yardage situations. I manage to get him 5-8 carries a game. (Wish I could get him a little more though) I never go to a third back, but would if they added formation subs again. I don't do anything with the receivers.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Rookie

Makaveli1421's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by husker237
I usually sub Castille in all the formations that use 2 tight ends when I use them. So most of the time I'm using Castille in short yardage situations. I manage to get him 5-8 carries a game. (Wish I could get him a little more though) I never go to a third back, but would if they added formation subs again. I don't do anything with the receivers.
see i get Castille almost in every formation, as in one ace package, one/two i-form, etc. and it ends up around 8-14 carries a game and Helu gets around 15. It goes well but i just miss the formation subs option so much in this game.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Sorry to interrupt on your thread but i had to just come say that Castille is a f'ing beast. I just played Nebraska in the NC Game (Year 2) and he beasted me. I believe he ran for over 100 yards and 2 td's. I havent had a single RB do so much damage to me as he did. But i run a 2 RB system, im not sure how Nebraska's playbook is, but i use one RB in pretty much all of my shotgun formations and my other RB in my formations from under center.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Makaveli1421's Arena

I honestly think it varies from system to system lol because in my game, he can't break tackles worth the shi*t and clearly he is a bruiser back. But on my buddies game, same system, same d/l rosters, he is a phenom which seems to be the Castille you unfortunately faced... But yes he very much is a big ol' bruiser back that is capable of doing what he did to you. Sorry you felt his rath =P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

I do about the same, just using Castille in certain situations. I love both of the Husker's running backs, can't wait to see what they do IRL. I usually get Castille 8-10 carries and Helu 15-17 per game. I've never used a 3rd back though, not with the two of them anyways.

At wideout I usually switch my depth chart a little just depending on who is making plays because Nebraska is really deep at reciever. I usually rotate Paul, Holt, Gilleylan, Brooks and Henry.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #7
MVP

sdid22's Arena

OVR: 18

Playing with Miami in an OD and I struggle to get Javarris James enough carries with Graig Cooper being the starter. I try to sub on the formation screen but maybe if I can find the right sub in/out setting it will be more realistic.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
Rookie

Makaveli1421's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hskr8128
I do about the same, just using Castille in certain situations. I love both of the Husker's running backs, can't wait to see what they do IRL. I usually get Castille 8-10 carries and Helu 15-17 per game. I've never used a 3rd back though, not with the two of them anyways.

At wideout I usually switch my depth chart a little just depending on who is making plays because Nebraska is really deep at reciever. I usually rotate Paul, Holt, Gilleylan, Brooks and Henry.
well a few years back with Brandon Jackson, Cody Glenn, Marlon Lucky and using Dane Todd at FB was very easy b/c of FORMATION SUBS. But nowadays i see you and i doing the same things virtually seeing as how my carry numbers are basically the same. And at wide, off the top of my head they go 7 deep in this game and that holds true to real life this season but unfortunately Bell and Mendoza they are the odd men out...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »