Home

Extended and Team Specific Team Intros in NCAA 2004?

This is a discussion on Extended and Team Specific Team Intros in NCAA 2004? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2003, 09:05 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Extended and Team Specific Team Intros in NCAA 2004?

Just asking, I doubt anyone will know the answer to this, but will the team intros be extended more in 2004? I know we get to see Notre Dame coming down from their lockerroom and hit the "Play Like A Champion Today" sign, but any word on other teams? Will we at least get to see them come out of the tunnel, last year, it seemed like the teams just appeared somewhere off the sidelines and then hit the field.

Anyone know whether they will have more team specific intros besides Notre Dame? Like Tennesse running through the T or Clemson touching the rock? I'm majorly nitpicking here but little touches like these would make this game perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2003, 09:57 PM   #2
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Extended and Team Specific Team Intros in NCAA 2004?

Jeff Luhr (Producer) said at e3 that the Notre Dame was the only entrance that was added, but he would LIKE TO get in as many as possible in the next few releases (mentioned Michigan with the banner and Clemson). A lot of time this year was spent on getting real solid renders of the majority of the stadiums.
Old 06-02-2003, 03:00 AM   #3
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

Ya I heard that too. But I heard that they are gonna have teams coming through tunnels this year, for everyone. If that is true, it sounds like its just gonna be generic like in March Madness where its the start of the same locker room, then through the same tunnel just with that specific teams' logo on the walls.

Personally, I would love to see Oregons in the future...

The Oregon Duck riding out on the motorcycle leading the football team out of the tunnel with Autzen stadium rocking...

Old 06-02-2003, 11:31 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 7

I find it hard to believe that they can't add in the Tennesse running through T intro, that's just plain cool and I dont even like Tennesse. It would be nice to see some better extended intros but in response to what Clay said, I'm glad they're spending more time on stadium detail .
Old 06-02-2003, 12:56 PM   #5
Pro

Mountaineer6's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Ya I heard that too. But I heard that they are gonna have teams coming through tunnels this year, for everyone. If that is true, it sounds like its just gonna be generic like in March Madness where its the start of the same locker room, then through the same tunnel just with that specific teams' logo on the walls.

Personally, I would love to see Oregons in the future...

The Oregon Duck riding out on the motorcycle leading the football team out of the tunnel with Autzen stadium rocking...

A duck leads his team out on the field on a motorcycle..

....maybe in time they'll send him thru the ring of
fire too...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2003, 01:02 PM   #6
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

intros may seem like a minor thing, but those added specific details about a school really add to the atmosphere, and make you experience all the tradition and pagentry that goes along with college football even more. I sure wish there were more of these team specific details
Old 06-03-2003, 11:33 AM   #7
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Ya, a lot of those intros add to the flair and drama of college football. I remember watching a Tennessee game last year, and I got chills when the band formed the "T" and then parted so the team could run out. It would be interesting to see what EA would do about Colorado running out behind Ralphie the Buffalo...
Old 06-03-2003, 02:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree...100% with you!.....Seriously though, Tennessee running throught the T is unmatchable as far as intros go. I, of course, would also like to see Purdue Pete and the "Boilermaker Express" lead the way out of the tunnel. It's really what sets apart the college game from the pros. I'm sure EA could add them all now if they wanted, but then why would you buy it next year. Ahhh......marketing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »