Home

Kickoffs they always run it back.

This is a discussion on Kickoffs they always run it back. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Kickoffs they always run it back.

I think it is a random glitch because in the situation I had it didn’t matter how well I kick the ball or stayed in my lane. Adjusting the sliders didn’t help either. I tried everything I could and the AI still got great returns. If the AI didn’t take it to the house, the CPU at least got to mid-field or beyond.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #10
Rookie

bconey23's Arena

OVR: 2

I just posted this same thing in the patch thread. I hadn't played in a couple of weeks, until a few days ago. I got the new patch and now the CPU runs back at least 2 a game. I mean literally walking into the endzone, 98% of my team is on the ground and I have NEVER touched the sliders in the game. I have also seen this from Freshman to Heisman. I switched the difficulty to see if it made a difference and it didn't.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Guys, the op said this was for NCAA 09! Not NCAA '10. The slider issue with run blocking was not in NCAA 09. Furthermore I think the special teams each have their own issues between the two games.

I do tend to give up some kickoffs for TDs against the cpu in NCAA 09 but a normal amount. Certainly not every game but you can't sleep walk through the kickoff either. I usually kick it right down the middle and either stay as the kicker and rush down and take on a blocker (so one of my cpu teammates gets free) or switch to someone right next to the kicker and run down. Do not let yourself get blocked! Run around them and not right into them unless you are the kicker. Furthermore, don't use one of the outside gunners as you will likely break contain or blow a tackle and that could be bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »