Home

do you only start your hightst OVR players?

This is a discussion on do you only start your hightst OVR players? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 02:18 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
do you only start your hightst OVR players?

just checking others process of evaluation on their starting players.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: do you only start your hightst OVR players?

for NCAA 10, you can't really look at the overall rating that much. it's better to look at the individual ratings. I also put the players class/experience in the decision as well. if 2 players are about the same, I usually start the older player.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
for NCAA 10, you can't really look at the overall rating that much. it's better to look at the individual ratings. I also put the players class/experience in the decision as well. if 2 players are about the same, I usually start the older player.
that's what i'm starting to learn here pretty quick. i wish they'd group the necessary attributes per position a little more convieniently.

what do you think the best key attributes to look for are at each individual defensive position?

if you broke it down to:

Dline
Linebackers
Corners
Safeties

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Not so much as last year, but IMO Speed is still one of the most important ratings for any player - including defense.

As long as I can chase someone down, I have a chance of getting a sack, making a tackle or deflecting a pass.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla
Not so much as last year, but IMO Speed is still one of the most important ratings for any player - including defense.

As long as I can chase someone down, I have a chance of getting a sack, making a tackle or deflecting a pass.
I'm kind of the same.

Also, I do the same as if players are near equal, I most likely will start the older one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I look through the individual ratings when determining my depth chart and who I recruit.

For instance, I like to play a lot of Press Man with my corners, so I'll play guys that have higher man/press ratings over a player with a high zone rating, even if the zone guy has a higher OVR. Of course, I also factor in physical (SPD, ACC, AGI), AWR and Tackle ratings.

I usually start the upperclassmen if the ratings are similar as well.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
that's what i'm starting to learn here pretty quick. i wish they'd group the necessary attributes per position a little more convieniently.

what do you think the best key attributes to look for are at each individual defensive position?

if you broke it down to:

Dline
Linebackers
Corners
Safeties
I run a 4-2-5 defense, so it'll probably be different than most.

for DTs, I look for high strength, power moves, and tackling. high awareness if possible(that goes for all positions).

DEs, speed if possible, but don't want to give up size(even if it doesn't matter, i still don't want a 220lbs DE) good power/finesse moves, block shedding. helpful if they have good pursuit and average man/zone ratings(sometimes use 5-2 defense)

LBs(both MLB and OLB), good speed, over 80 ideal, good pursuit and play recognition, and good zone/man coverage. obviously tackling is needed. usually one of my LB or SS leads in tackles for me.

CBs, for speed, 88+ is what i would like, good agility and acceleration. good press rating and man/zone ratings. high jump rating helps too.

SSs, similar to the CBs, but tackling rating is a lot more important. speed prefer 85+ rating, usually my SS are the hard hitters(well, most in the game are anyway). i use them to blitz, but they still have to be able to cover the slot WRs in man coverage if need.

FS, my FS is almost always in zone, so he must have great zone rating, speed to cover the field, jump rating helps defends the pass. pursuit rating helps as well.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

On a somewhat unrelated note, I wish during recruiting we could make a "short-list" of recruits to compare them before adding them to our official recruit list.

Example: When recruiting CBs, I want to compare their Man, Zone, Press, etc ratings and choose who best fits my program.

So, I select all the top CB recruits with a green dot. Add them to my recruit list. Then go through one-by-miserable-one, taking notes, trying to compare them and removing ones I don't like. It's gets frustrating trying to keep track of each recruit and is very time-consuming. Especially when I have to keep scrolling down to view the ratings at the bottom when switching between recruits. And when my recruit list starts filling up, I can't select as many as I'd like either. Annoying.

It would be really cool if I could add those recruits to my short-list, then bring up a side-by-side comparison of their ratings all on one screen. Then, from that screen, remove guys I don't like and add the ones I do to my official 35-man recruit list. Saves a lot of time and no more pencil work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »