Home

How to Increase Team Prestige from 4 to 5 Star?

This is a discussion on How to Increase Team Prestige from 4 to 5 Star? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How to Increase Team Prestige from 4 to 5 Star?

I looked through the boards and did a search on this, and still can't find any definite answers. Does anyone know the exact requirements to advance from a 4 star team to the 5/6 range? Is it team wins, or 2/3 coach goals? If you win 10-11 games, should that be enough to advance from a 4 star team to a 5 star?

I went 11-2 last year on OD and this year will probably repeat. I'm 10-1 playing in a BCS conference championship, but will probably lose, which will make me miss going to a January bowl game. If I don't play in a Jan bowl game and don't win my conference title but still win 11 games, is that enough to advance to 5 star?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: How to Increase Team Prestige from 4 to 5 Star?

If you meet the team goals it will help. Then again winning a title will too
Old 10-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalutationsNJ
If you meet the team goals it will help. Then again winning a title will too
I will second that. Winning games, met goals, and a title to boot will get you there.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Pro

techhokies's Arena

OVR: 12

I would say you have to win the National championship. In real life no matter how many games Utah wins they won't be a five star program b/c of their schedule and the fact that they haven't won the big one yet. And take the Virginia Tech hokies, no matter how many games they win in the regular season and the fact that they have one of the best winning percentages of the last decade, they will never be considered a 5 star program until they win the national championship.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
Rookie

cruithear's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by techhokies
My football alliances: E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles AND Hokie Hokie Hokie Hi
Tech Tech VPI
Sol-a-rex, Sol-a-rah
Poly tech Virginia

Go Hokies!

Anyway, I was able to take VT up a star after two ACC championships and a NC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #6
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by techhokies
I would say you have to win the National championship. In real life no matter how many games Utah wins they won't be a five star program b/c of their schedule and the fact that they haven't won the big one yet. And take the Virginia Tech hokies, no matter how many games they win in the regular season and the fact that they have one of the best winning percentages of the last decade, they will never be considered a 5 star program until they win the national championship.
In real life yes you would have to win a title to move up. I'm sure this year's game is like the others in that winning games, meeting goals, and titles won will get you a jump in ratings. In the last 3 years games I have not won a single NC but after 2-4 years I would be up to 6 stars no matter the team. After one season with UGA in this years game I was a 6 star and lost 3 games including the National Title.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I went 12-2 and had the number one overall recruiting class. I won the Chick-Fil-A bowl against an unranked Auburn. My two losses were in the ACC championship and against an unranked Minnesota during season play. This was all in OD.

I jumped from 4 star to 5 star. I finished the season #11 in the BCS. I completed 2/3 coach goals. Anecdotal evidence, but I am guessing alot of has to do with your wins. I went 8-1 in conference play, and had 12 wins overall. I don't think the Chick-Fil-A bowl is prestigious enough to warrant 5 stars.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
In real life yes you would have to win a title to move up. I'm sure this year's game is like the others in that winning games, meeting goals, and titles won will get you a jump in ratings. In the last 3 years games I have not won a single NC but after 2-4 years I would be up to 6 stars no matter the team. After one season with UGA in this years game I was a 6 star and lost 3 games including the National Title.
Yeah in this game it is much to easy to increase to a 6 star.

I'd consider Miami (FL) a 6 star to begin with, but if you do call them a 5-star, going 12-2 isn't going to push them over the top.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »