Home

Took one on the Chin last night.

This is a discussion on Took one on the Chin last night. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Took one on the Chin last night.

Ok so i'm 167-53 online with a level 22. I play as WVU and i play straight up sim style. So this guy comes into a quick match as Oklahoma and has a record of 20-15 and a level 4. I was 22-21 at the end of the 3rd. But then he just blew me out, straight up dogged me. He was good, some of it was cheese.. so wasnt. Just doesnt happen that often to me, i lost 57-30. He was throwing it deep with less than a minute to play which was annoying.

He used quarters D the whole game, played at the middle safety and did a really nice job of covering the middle of the field. He played man and pass commit and kept me off balance by blitzing every other down or so. Pretty hard to read from show blitz. I was doing fine b/c i was running the ball until i got down by like 14 then i just couldnt pass on him successfully. On offense he ran like that same deep skinny post and abused me with it. I just couldnt cover it and if i didnt bring some pressure he'd sit and sit and sit until something was open. When i blitz he would torch me underneith. He was very good. I just didnt like that he was running it up and even went for it on 4th on his own 20 with a minute to play.

Moral of the story, finish your games, dont quit, and learn from you opponants. I have a 1% DNF. Usually when i lose big i learn something from it, only thing i learned from this one is dont play OU if they are good. B/c WVu just cant stack up sometimes.

Sort of a meaningless post. But win with class.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Took one on the Chin last night.

I can't believe people still play this POS.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:43 PM   #3
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcopenhagenh
I can't believe people still play this POS.
Insightful response.

Regarding the OP, this is one of the reasons I only play online against people I know. I hate cheesers.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 34

The joys of random online gaming.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Completely agree with the OP, I usually play with GT and the flexbone online mainly as a way to combat cheese (which could in some way make me a cheeser). Although I usually just play ball control and focus most of my attention on defense. I had won a string of games and then I play a guy who was either Miami or Texas, some team with alot of speed on defense, and he Quarters/Run Commit's me to death because I couldn't run or throw out of any formation w/o getting hit in the backfield. By halftime I was down like 42-10. So I just hung in there and in the second half I just lined up in Hail Mary and hot routed every receiver. Long story short I ended up scoring like 35 points in the 2nd half but he was able to get a couple of scores in and beat me by a couple of TDs. Needless to say I wouldn't have figured out how to combat that cheese defense if I didn't stick it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-07-2010, 06:54 AM   #6
Rookie

jmd161's Arena

OVR: 0

Same here.... I was playing a guy who had me down 45-0 at half. I refuse to quit no matter what, it was even my motto on XBox live for a while.

Anyway...

This guy offers mercy I refuse and he sends me a nasty message. I respond back and tell him I don't quit check my motto! He sends me another nasty message and I respond are you gonna play or talk crap?

He responds back and says OK you asked for it!!!!

Long story short I scored 57 unanswered points and he quit the game with a few minutes left in the 4th qtr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »