Home

You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11

This is a discussion on You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11

NCAA Football Dev Team:
Run Commit will still be in the game, and it can be effective. The great thing about the new blocking on run plays is it accounts for who is going to be blocked before the play starts, so when they defense starts to flow in a direction they are still accounted for.
Thursday May 6, 2010 3:45 NCAA Football Dev Team
3:46

What the heck are you guys thinking... after seeing how it was abused in 10 why wouldnt you just can it? THis is unreal... Could be a game killer to me. I dont care how nice the graphics, locomotion, and presentation is. If a gimmick like run commit is as effective in 11 as it was in 10 im not getting this game. I mean it was pretty much the spread offense killer. I thought for sure since they we going a realistic direction that this would be out the door.

Why EA? WHY?!?!?!? If the gameplay is solid you shouldnt need run commit!!! You should be able to call the right defensive play to stop the run... Not call a friggin pass defense in a dime and still stop the run. This is insane.

The game hasnt gone gold yet... please support this thread if you want run commit out of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: You gotta be kidding.. run commit still in 11

do you play online? If not then its not an issue. I dont play online so i can care less about run commit because i never use it. But i can see how it'd annoy you if you played someone that used it online.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
do you play online? If not then its not an issue. I dont play online so i can care less about run commit because i never use it. But i can see how it'd annoy you if you played someone that used it online.
All i do is play online...

I'm still in shock that they kept this in the game.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:48 AM   #4
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Hopefully they have tinkered with it a little. I think run commit is needed in the game, but I would agree that it was abused some in 'AA 10.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Hopefully they have tinkered with it a little. I think run commit is needed in the game, but I would agree that it was abused some in 'AA 10.

Some? haha...

The only way in which i would be cool with it is if it was more of a presnap look. Like moving players into the box... but if it even makes the corners and DB's crash again i'm gonna lose it.

It really was a spread offense killer last year. It was hard enough to run the ball out of the shotgun already and if someone used run commit it was a automatic 5 yard loss... even if you were running the option to the opposite side of the commit b/c the backside CB will kill it.

And dont tell me.. well every once in awhile you get a touchdown on a pass or toss or something... but what about all those missed 3rd downs and touchdowns near the goalline? Sorry those long TD's dont make up for that over the long haul.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgrierwv75

What the heck are you guys thinking... after seeing how it was abused in 10 why wouldnt you just can it? THis is unreal... Could be a game killer to me. I dont care how nice the graphics, locomotion, and presentation is. If a gimmick like run commit is as effective in 11 as it was in 10 im not getting this game. I mean it was pretty much the spread offense killer. I thought for sure since they we going a realistic direction that this would be out the door.

Why EA? WHY?!?!?!? If the gameplay is solid you shouldnt need run commit!!! You should be able to call the right defensive play to stop the run... Not call a friggin pass defense in a dime and still stop the run. This is insane.

The game hasnt gone gold yet... please support this thread if you want run commit out of the game.

Totally agree. If the gameplay is sooo improved why have run commit. I understand it's about sales and younger or inexperienced gamers may like the feature but at least give us the choice to turn it off or something.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #7
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11

Yes.****n commit in 10 is bad..if 11 run commit is the same then people like me who play online is gonna be ruined again this year because it simply just not fun. CAN IT!
Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I like the features of run commit and pass commit. I've gotten burned on using them If the person playing knows how to use it then I got to learned how to adjust. if the line play was better it wouldn't be that big of a deal. which now that each player has a specific duty online i don't think its will be as cheap as it was in 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »