Home

Help with Power Backs

This is a discussion on Help with Power Backs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Help with Power Backs

I've been having trouble using power backs effectively. I've got a 6-1 250 lbs. RB on my teambuilder team. He does a good job of keeping his legs pumping for extra yardage and shakes of arm tackles with relative ease and on the whole has really be fantastic, but I've yet to really just flatten a guy like I usually can in most other football videogames. I'm not expecting to run right at All American LBs and just demolish them, but if it's me vs. some DB for Air Force or Wyoming, I feel like I should be trucking through that guy with ease. Is there some new trick with the right stick that will help me really maximize my bruiser's potential? I'm playing on Varsity at the moment and have yet to touch the sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Help with Power Backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I've been having trouble using power backs effectively. I've got a 6-1 250 lbs. RB on my teambuilder team. He does a good job of keeping his legs pumping for extra yardage and shakes of arm tackles with relative ease and on the whole has really be fantastic, but I've yet to really just flatten a guy like I usually can in most other football videogames. I'm not expecting to run right at All American LBs and just demolish them, but if it's me vs. some DB for Air Force or Wyoming, I feel like I should be trucking through that guy with ease. Is there some new trick with the right stick that will help me really maximize my bruiser's potential? I'm playing on Varsity at the moment and have yet to touch the sliders.

I find using the stiff arm more effective with a power back.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:20 AM   #3
Rookie

lexus97man's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm noticing that when I press up on the right stick for my back to lean forward, he seems to not only get extra yards and push the pile, but also breaks a few more tackles
Old 07-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

learning the lean left or right based on the tackler goes a long way with the opposing tackler
Old 07-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #5
Rookie

kidtnt27's Arena

OVR: 2

I would suggest putting your Ball Carrier setting on Aggressive. I also do not use the dual stick mode. I play using the old method and use the truck function / stiff arm / fight for yards. I am almost averaging 120 yards on the ground per game. Makes for a very balanced game play.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »