Home

DBs don't use locomotion?

This is a discussion on DBs don't use locomotion? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2010, 02:43 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
DBs don't use locomotion?

This intended or a bug? I know ppl are talking about how CB runs the route before the WR does. Just wondering if there has been any word of this from developers, is this just how its going to be or is it something they are going to fix? Seems silly that they don't seem to be effected by locomotion during routes. They run routes before the WR does;p
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 03:27 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: DBs don't use locomotion?

You know, there are at least two WR routes I know of where the DB isn't running the route ahead of the WR.

First one is corners, where the WR takes a couple steps in toward the middle, cuts straight up field, then goes maybe 10 yards and cuts back toward the sideline. On the second cut he usually gets a bit of separation.

Second one is the flag route. It's like a fade I guess. I dunno, it starts like a post route (10 yard straight then slant toward the middle) but then the WR make a 90 degree cut toward the sideline.

The key is, throw is just before your WR cuts and it will get to him just after he cuts, that is when the WR creates the maximum separation between himself and the CB.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:07 AM   #3
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
This intended or a bug? I know ppl are talking about how CB runs the route before the WR does. Just wondering if there has been any word of this from developers, is this just how its going to be or is it something they are going to fix? Seems silly that they don't seem to be effected by locomotion during routes. They run routes before the WR does;p
Probably because DBs (on average) have higher agility and acceleration than most WRs, so they break on the ball faster.

I like it.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
Probably because DBs (on average) have higher agility and acceleration than most WRs, so they break on the ball faster.

I like it.
its got nothing to do with that. they know what route the WR is running and beat him to it. it needs to be fixed, it was fine last year, why change it?
Old 07-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Actually it was a problem in last years game as well, it just was not as deadly as this years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2010, 09:26 AM   #6
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
its got nothing to do with that. they know what route the WR is running and beat him to it. it needs to be fixed, it was fine last year, why change it?
Are you playing on Heisman or AA?

I don't see it much on AA; I'm guessing it happens chiefly in cheat-happy Heisman difficulty.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

What? The DBs know what the wrs routes are gonna be. I think thats a really big deal. If it's true. Not a lot of passing plays work for me, but I think thats just because I play with a crappy team.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:56 AM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm not noticing it much on AA. Every once in a while I'll see it, but it isn't often. Nowhere nearly as bad as last year's game. And they are affected by locomotion. Just watch any double cut play.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »