Home

SOME HELP WITH PASSING IN THIS GAME PLEASE!!!!

This is a discussion on SOME HELP WITH PASSING IN THIS GAME PLEASE!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
SOME HELP WITH PASSING IN THIS GAME PLEASE!!!!

OKAY GUYS EVERY YEAR I BUY THIS NCAA GAME AND EVERY YEAR IM HAVEING THE SAME PROBLEM AND THATS THE PASSING GAME I TEND TO PASS IN THIS GAME WITH THE SAME FLOW AS MADDEN BUT WHAT I CAME TO REALIZE IS THAT IN MADDEN EVEN BEFORE THE PLAY YOU CAN SEE WHAT ROUTE YOUR RECIVER IS ABOUT TO RUN AND DETERMINE WHO YOU GONNA PASS TO 9 TIMES OUT OF TEN THAT RECIVER IS OPEN CAUSE HE RUNS HIS ROUTE THE RIGHT WAY BUT IN NCAA EVEN BEFORE THE SNAP IM LOOKING AT THE ROUTES FOR ALL MY RECIVERS AND PAINT THE PICTURE IN MY HEAD BUT ONCE I SNAP IT AND THROW TO THE PLAYER ITS EITHER OVER THROWN OR PICKOFF OR THE DAMM RECIVER JUST DOESNT RUN THE ROUTE WELL ENOUGH WHAT AM I DOING WRONG AM I PRESSING THE BUTTON TO HARD? TO I HAVE TO TOUCH PASS? WHAT GUYS WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? OR MAYBE ITS THE CORNERS ARE PLAYING REALLY TIGHT WHAT IS IT GUYS AND BY THE WAY IM USING SN'S SLIDER SET ANY HELP GUYS???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
MVP

MrChainsaw's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: SOME HELP WITH PASSING IN THIS GAME PLEASE!!!!

A. stop yelling.

B. the cpu defense seems to pretty much mirror routes better than the receivers do this year, so i would suggest adjusting your sliders to give the human a bit more of an advantage.

C. stop yelling.

PSN: FREExBEER
Old 07-21-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

1. Pump Fake

2. Play to your teams strengths. IE if you have slow receivers dont try to throw deep. Or if you have an inaccurate QB, dont try to throw tight passes into traffic.

3. Run to set up the pass.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:44 PM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

First of all you need to adjust your sliders... look around in the slider thread and experiment for a set that suits you. Once you find some good sliders go to practice mode. If you are having as much of a problem as you say then you need to practice.

I will warn you... Heisman is full of ****. So don't even attempt to go there. Play on AA. I explained it to a friend by saying AA, with proper sliders, feels like football. Heisman... feels like I am storming the beach at Normandy and I am just trying to get through w/out getting my head blown off.

Now... once you go to practice mode pick a pass play from your playbook. This is something else you need to figure out... which playbook will you use? Right now I prefer Air Raid as it has a lot of great pass plays and when playing in this scheme I routinely complete passes to 10 or 11 different receivers.

So... you pick a play and then practice that against every defense you can think of. Cover 1 - Cover 2 - Cover 3 - Cover 4 - Blitz - Man - Zone Blitz - Man/Zone - Velcro ...

Get used to what the defense does. Practice against the D while you pick their play. Get that one play down. Then, hit the random defense button so you don't know what D they will be in and test yourself.

And... you are probably hitting the receiver button too hard. Doing that will almost always cause an overthrow. Practice. Practice some more. And then practice some more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »