Home

Passing Defense Help

This is a discussion on Passing Defense Help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #1
Rookie

DiSaStAx94's Arena

OVR: 4
Passing Defense Help

What do you guys do to defend the pass? I can't stop any half decent passing team to save my life. Man, zone, cover 1, cover 2, doesn't matter, I get smoked every time. I feel like I'd be better off calling engage eight every play and hoping I get a sack every once in a while. If I call man the receiver beats his man and gets an easy catch every time, even a simple post will kill my cover one, the receiver just beats his man on the break and easily runs past the safety for a long completion. If I call a zone someone will just be standing there idly leaving a receiver to make a catch. Blitzing works once in a while, but more often than not the QB throws a perfect pass to an open man just before he takes the hit.

Does anyone have any tips I could use to not get destroyed through the air every game? I usually control the LE or MLB, or the free safety once in a while, and play on All-American with a further customized set of SN's sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Passing Defense Help

Good question. The main thing is tacking guys as soon as they catch the ball. Usually this will dislodge it, and I can be super agressive because I have yet to see a pass interference call. Also play mind games wiu the opposing player. I.E. Online I contrl the nickel back and blitz 2-3 times Ina row. Eventually the guy will see the blitz and then you can drop to a cover 2 and highlight the slot guy and get an easy pick.

Basically you can't stop the pass with zone so just set up the offense to make a bad decision.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiSaStAx94
What do you guys do to defend the pass? I can't stop any half decent passing team to save my life. Man, zone, cover 1, cover 2, doesn't matter, I get smoked every time. I feel like I'd be better off calling engage eight every play and hoping I get a sack every once in a while. If I call man the receiver beats his man and gets an easy catch every time, even a simple post will kill my cover one, the receiver just beats his man on the break and easily runs past the safety for a long completion. If I call a zone someone will just be standing there idly leaving a receiver to make a catch. Blitzing works once in a while, but more often than not the QB throws a perfect pass to an open man just before he takes the hit.

Does anyone have any tips I could use to not get destroyed through the air every game? I usually control the LE or MLB, or the free safety once in a while, and play on All-American with a further customized set of SN's sliders.
go to gameplan and set the pass defense to conservative, and zone depth to balanced or conservative......

don't run multiple defenses, they'll carve up your defense, and use the strength of your talent....some teams arent good at man but great in zone and vice versa....

most likely your problem is your just calling defenses and not setting your gameplan up and commiting to either pass or run, which makes your db's go for interceptions far more than they should leaving their man wide open

i play on heisman and can hold a team under 100 yards passing 7 times out of 10.....except the university of california, i just accecpt their qb will have a monster game stat wise....

but thats how you stop the pass....and if you blitz just remember your losing a man coverage wise, so think smart before you send your man
Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm pretty much going against what the above poster suggests.

Always vary your playcalling. Make full use of the entire playbook.

Do not drop everyone into coverage all the time. If you give a QB time they will tear your secondary apart. Mix in some creative blitzes. Overload blitzes are my favorite. Get pressure on the QB and make him force his throws.

If you're worried about the pass you can always play the matchup game. If the AI comes out in a 2 WR set go wit your base D. 3 WR= nickel, 4 WR= Dime. That is not always the best strategy ( If you're playing a team like West Virginia you will get wrecked) but it does a good job against the pass.

Know your team and your opponent. Check the ratings of every player in your secondary and play to their strengths. Check to see who your best and worst coverage LBs are and adjust accordingly. Most importantly for my style of play is whether or not the safeties are decent in man coverage.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
Rookie

tommy4uf's Arena

OVR: 1

Try matching up up recievers with corners. Like when they have a three WR set come out in a nickel. 4or5 WR set come in a dime on a 3man down set. In obvious passing situations i like to have more corners out there than they have recievers, whenever possible. Dont be afraid to zone blitz also, that seems to screw with the QB's head a little, especially if your getting presure on him. And one last thing, to me the cpu picks some pretty good plays and i find that i use that a lot also
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »