Home

Auto Save in NCAA 11

This is a discussion on Auto Save in NCAA 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Auto Save in NCAA 11

Is there anyway to turn off Auto Save in NCAA 11?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #2
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Auto Save in NCAA 11

i would imagine some where in the settings directory. did you look?

why would you not want auto save?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I just want to be able to choose when stuff saves myself. For example every time I go to edit a roster, the file saves, even though sometimes I do not want it to.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
Rookie

BIG17EASY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i would imagine some where in the settings directory. did you look?

why would you not want auto save?
The autosave can be a little annoying every time you change one little thing and then back out of the screen to the menus.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #5
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

You can turn it off while in dynasty, I know, by going to system preferences or whatever it's called. It's about one or two scrolls to the left of the ESPN or main menu that pops up in dynasty.

Now, the key thing you must do is save your profile.

A few times I had turned off auto save in my franchise and it was on again the next time I loaded my franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

YEah, it's in settings. And I get how it's annoying sometimes. Like, if you simulate any games, it auto saves right after... And with CPU vs. CPU games in my dynasty, I like to sim the big ones (I don't really know why...) one by one for the suspense... But the auto-save takes like 15 extra seconds for each one, or whatever, so it's kind of a nuisance.

If it auto-saved without freezing the game, I wouldn't have a problem with it... but that's generally been something that has never come to sports videogames.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #7
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
YEah, it's in settings. And I get how it's annoying sometimes. Like, if you simulate any games, it auto saves right after... And with CPU vs. CPU games in my dynasty, I like to sim the big ones (I don't really know why...) one by one for the suspense... But the auto-save takes like 15 extra seconds for each one, or whatever, so it's kind of a nuisance.

If it auto-saved without freezing the game, I wouldn't have a problem with it... but that's generally been something that has never come to sports videogames.
I hear you. I like to sim the bowl games one by one and the autosave was getting really annoying doing that. Also, it auto saves every time you back out of the recruiting screen even if you only change one thing. I wish you could just set it to autosave after you advance a week. Oh well, it's now off for me.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yea I turn it off. I do so much tweaking I'd rather not take the chance of it saving something. Plus, I've been paranoid ever since MLBshow 09 as it use to screw up my franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »