Home

Wildcat running game

This is a discussion on Wildcat running game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2010, 10:51 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Wildcat running game

Anybody using this effectively, and if so got any tips? I was testing it extensively for the first time last night (trying to find a new playbook) and it seemed like a lot of the plays were going for a loss. Admittedly my team isn't that good, but it seemed like there was at least one defender running freely into the backfield way too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

demondecs21's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Wildcat running game

I use Utah's playbook, there's a wild Ute formation that has a right and left blast option. I find this formation is great if you have a pass heavy O and audible into it, the D doesn't see it coming.
Old 08-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
Rookie

lccowboys's Arena

OVR: 3

A good way to read it is watch playside outside linebacker if he blitzes hand off if he stays follow your blocks
NCAAB:West Virginia
MLB: Texas Rangers
Old 08-28-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
Rookie

AubOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lccowboys
A good way to read it is watch playside outside linebacker if he blitzes hand off if he stays follow your blocks
This. You kind of have to read the defense, like a Read Option.

When I use it, the sweeps seem to be more effective than the guy lined up at QB. And when you do hand it off on the sweep, cut upfield as soon as you can and take any lane that comes up. Stretching it out all the way to the sideline isn't always the way to go.
Old 08-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I had one game used the wild duck and had it work consistently. I was playing Stanford on Heisman and every single time I ran the sweep it would go for a TD. Barner had over 300 yards. The problem with the formation usually is that you cant audible to a different play. 9 times out of ten the defense will shift everyone to the sweep side and you cant audible to keep the ball and run the blast or counter. Ive even had a couple of times where the wide running back will be uncovered. If you could just audible to a quick screen it would be a td. Instead you just get stuffed on the sweep. So basically now i will use it sporadically. The sweep is great sometimes in short yardage situations as the defense will sometimes come out in goalline and youll have easy yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Vs the CPU you're screwed because they always know what direction you're running. Against humans I find that the Counter is a dominant play because they will likely be looking for the Jet sweep whcih should leave the running lane on the other side wide open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »