Home

Injuries - How they are, and how they should be.

This is a discussion on Injuries - How they are, and how they should be. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5
Injuries - How they are, and how they should be.

So in the midst of the recent Stephen Strasburg injury I realized that the way injuries work in NCAA is completely unrealistic. There is no way every single player that tears their ACL should come back with the same ability every time. Often times an injury would set a player back physically, and in some cases even mentally.

My hope is that NCAA could expand the injuries, first by making it so that certain injuries could make it so that a rating that corresponds with that body part could be effected (shoulder injury, throw power, etc.). Also, I shouldn't get a 3 week diagnosis four plays after the injury occured. I wish if it wasn't a will return soon injury, or less than 2 quarters, it would just say something like "mild, severe" etc.
It would give you an estimate on how long the player will be out, if your star player tears his ACL at the end of the season, it could effect him long term, and he might not even be ready at the beginning of next season. The diagnosis would be 6-10 months, and the players injury rating would have a large effect on how quickly they come back from an injury.
In season a player could get hurt and it would say 2-4 weeks and as he gets closer to coming back it would become more exact. Saying probable as he makes his way back into the lineup.
As part of letting some injuries carry over into the next season I wish they would add career ending injuries. When I used to play Madden I remember in Madden 04 I lost Michael Vick for his career in the very first season. It was a real heartbreaker but something like that being possible really makes everything more significant.

Just some ideas, anyone feel free to expand upon them or critique them. I'm open to all criticism.
MLB : Washington Nationals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Injuries - How they are, and how they should be.

I think it would be sweet if players could get hurt in the off season. Starting the season with a player being out for a few weeks could be fun. This would have to happen very rarely, otherwise it could ruin the game, even though it might make it more realistic. I think injuries that kept popping up over a players career would be cool too. I would love to see a player tear their ACL and lose 5 speed and agility points, instead of coming back the next season faster than they used to be. These are great ideas. I hope this makes it into NCAA 12 .
Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwk2009
So in the midst of the recent Stephen Strasburg injury I realized that the way injuries work in NCAA is completely unrealistic. There is no way every single player that tears their ACL should come back with the same ability every time. Often times an injury would set a player back physically, and in some cases even mentally.

My hope is that NCAA could expand the injuries, first by making it so that certain injuries could make it so that a rating that corresponds with that body part could be effected (shoulder injury, throw power, etc.). Also, I shouldn't get a 3 week diagnosis four plays after the injury occured. I wish if it wasn't a will return soon injury, or less than 2 quarters, it would just say something like "mild, severe" etc.
It would give you an estimate on how long the player will be out, if your star player tears his ACL at the end of the season, it could effect him long term, and he might not even be ready at the beginning of next season. The diagnosis would be 6-10 months, and the players injury rating would have a large effect on how quickly they come back from an injury.
In season a player could get hurt and it would say 2-4 weeks and as he gets closer to coming back it would become more exact. Saying probable as he makes his way back into the lineup.
As part of letting some injuries carry over into the next season I wish they would add career ending injuries. When I used to play Madden I remember in Madden 04 I lost Michael Vick for his career in the very first season. It was a real heartbreaker but something like that being possible really makes everything more significant.

Just some ideas, anyone feel free to expand upon them or critique them. I'm open to all criticism.
NOW only if EA would stop being idiots and actually READ the forums all there minimal ncaa research would be done for them with great ideas, i double agree how injuries should be rating affected also, shoulders and ankle. and mean more to those players in that position. we need career ending yes and medical redshirt back too.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwk2009

I try to keep it as real as possible...I had a true junior tear his acl in the 4th game of my season...going into the next season, I put a brace on him, and redshirted him.

I almost never play a guy when he leaves because of an injury...I always rest.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdiehm
I try to keep it as real as possible...I had a true junior tear his acl in the 4th game of my season...going into the next season, I put a brace on him, and redshirted him.

I almost never play a guy when he leaves because of an injury...I always rest.
Almost everyone in my online dynasty does this, whenever a player gets a knee injury I see him in a brace, same with elbow and the elbow brace. It makes it all seem so much more realistic.

If EA could just take some of these ideas and implement them it would improve dynasty mode drastically.
MLB : Washington Nationals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Injuries are improved this year IMO, with guys having "nagging" "questionable" injuries which I love, but you're right, they could still be improved. I think the system is much better, and I love the small injuries during games that sideline a guy for a few plays... I think it's a great addition to the game. In my first game in season 5, my starting RB went down with a 2 game injury and I was really concerned, but then the Red shirt freshman backup came in and tore it up in both games... would have never considered running a 2 back offense without that happening.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »