Home

Ever have a guy commit just by adding him to your board?

This is a discussion on Ever have a guy commit just by adding him to your board? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM   #1
Rookie

Arkavian's Arena

OVR: 4
Ever have a guy commit just by adding him to your board?

Just finished up season 10 in my offline dynasty. During the off season I needed to pick up a MLB. I viewed the new recruits available and I found a 4 star MLB out of Florida that had me on the top of his list. (I play as LSU)

I needed 2 other positions so I started picking through what was left out there to fill up all 3 position needs. I add the MLB to my list. I then go and find a DT and a FB to add to my list.

After that I went back through all players in Florida to see what the MLB ratings were for the guy I added to my list. Oddly enough it showed that he was committed to me/LSU.

I never called him, never offered a scholly, anything. Instant commit just from adding him to my board. This has never happened to me before and I want to know if this is something normal or some crazy fluke/bug?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Ever have a guy commit just by adding him to your board?

If you're at the top of his list, there's a chance he'll commit, even if you don't say 2 words to the guy(along with adding him to your board, that is).

I had a guy that was on my board, sometime in the off-season. He had me at #3, 500 points behind his #1. I never called him or anything, and he soft committed to the #1. I didn't really pay attention to him since I had already met my recruiting needs and didn't care for another player.
Sim ahead one week, and I find that he commits to me. I thought that was weird, because I never even tried to go for him when it appeared the other schools were trying hard to get him(a 3* MLB). He wasn't even from a pipeline state of mine.
Needless to say, I'm glad he committed. He's been pretty solid, and all my MLBs are freshman, minus one guy who transfered to my school, after losing 3 seniors.

Last edited by NoDakHusker; 09-01-2010 at 05:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »