Home

BIG problem in Road to Glory! HELP!!!

This is a discussion on BIG problem in Road to Glory! HELP!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
BIG problem in Road to Glory! HELP!!!

Is anyone else having this problem? For some reason I can't get the generated names to show up in Road to Glory. I tried two seperate ways yet I'm still coming up with names like QB #2.

1. I have generated names prior to my R2G, saved the roster file, loaded the roster file, went through a whole high school playoff and then found that the names were still the generic names like QB #2.

2. I started a R2G and picked "Yes" when asked if I wanted them to generate names for my players. I then went though a whole high school playoff and the same thing happened. Everyone was still named something like QB #2.

When I did each of the above mentioned options and simulated the high school playoffs the generated names showed up perfectly fine.

Any idea regarding why this is happening?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: BIG problem in Road to Glory! HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC12
Is anyone else having this problem? For some reason I can't get the generated names to show up in Road to Glory. I tried two seperate ways yet I'm still coming up with names like QB #2.

1. I have generated names prior to my R2G, saved the roster file, loaded the roster file, went through a whole high school playoff and then found that the names were still the generic names like QB #2.

2. I started a R2G and picked "Yes" when asked if I wanted them to generate names for my players. I then went though a whole high school playoff and the same thing happened. Everyone was still named something like QB #2.

When I did each of the above mentioned options and simulated the high school playoffs the generated names showed up perfectly fine.

I don't think it names the HS players, just the NCAA rosters.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
Pro

billyboy316's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC12

Hmm I don't remember them asking me that. I figured they just took whatever file was loaded.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:29 PM   #4
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
I don't think it names the HS players, just the NCAA rosters.
It does name HS player's, but the problem is it never works twice in a row.

I made a DB with the named rosters, everything was ok. Once in college I started a RB, and said yes to name rosters. Ok everything is fine. Once I'm in college every thing is back to QB#13.

So I erase it, because I want the names. So I do everything all over again. and once in college the names appear.

Then I make a QB and the same thing happens! So right now I'm on my second go through.

This is really BS! You guy's really need to make sure things work before you release it.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 07-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #5
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

This is what i found
---
If you want to make a guy, and you load a roster and go into RtG with those rosters, it doesn't do anything. Goes back to the ****ty default.
If you choose a player, then it has the new roster with names.

I have not had a problem with names appearing, my problem has been rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2009, 11:07 PM   #6
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

you have to start from the beginning. with players still numbered than go auto generate the names and go straight R2G.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Hughey2k's Arena

OVR: 7

Ok, has anyone figured this out yet? It is driving me crazy. I have tried everything suggested and nothing works. Nice work on the new mode, but this makes it useless. The only way I have gotten the names to show up once in college is by simming HS....

Thanks...
Old 07-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #8
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

I'm telling you, you have to play the HS playoffs. Sign to a college. Quit, then do it again and the names are there. That's the only way I got it to work for me.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »