Home

Lost It's Luster

This is a discussion on Lost It's Luster within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Lost It's Luster

It saddens me that it's come to this but the best NCAA game to date has sadly become one of the worst with all the patches and "tuners". When it first came out, the game was fun with lots of realism except for this like DTs with 50" verticals and mind reading DBs. But in fixing that stuff, it seems EA took away some of the things that made this game great at first. I loved running the ball, eating clock and getting into defensive battles. Now, I can't do that. The CPU can throw all over the place on me and cannot run for squat (AA, default sliders). There's no defense I've found to protect the middle of the field and if I need 15-20 yards (because I was stupid and tried a play action pass which the CPU never bites on and always has a guy coming untouched to nail my QB for a 10 yard loss), I can throw over the middle to the TE or slot WR for those yards. I can win game, but I don't want to have to play the way the CPU is forcing me to to win them. It's not fun anymore.

Maybe there's another tuner in store to correct this stuff, but there's greater issues now than when the game released. It does look like I'm in the minority here becasue a lot of you seem happy with the changes, but there's just too many good things they have taken out (good, smart downfield blocking by OL and TEs) that have detracted from the greatness this game had at the start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 11:14 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Lost It's Luster

Change your sliders from default. Try a few slider sets contributed by the community or create your own. Most people decrease the QB accuracy quite a bit and increase pass defense, too. I'll admit even with slider adjustments I have trouble with PA passes, even if my running back is have a big game, but the sliders have really helped with gameplay. I actually recommend going down to Varsity level and cranking up the sliders in favor of the CPU. Give Playmakers' a try, I've been using them lately and having a good time.

I was an avid AA player until realizing it could be more fun using an easier skill level with sliders angled towards the CPU, but still to slow the passing game and intending to increase the rushing game.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Thanks for the reply. I might do that before I shelve the game but that won't help me much in my OD. The other guys prefer the pass happy offenses and 52-49 scores so I'll just gave to grin and bear it there.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:33 PM   #4
Rookie

Put it down for a few months then try again after the season ends. It may help, and if after a few games you're still not feeling it, try another sports title to get you through.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »