Home

Glitch or blatant cheating?

This is a discussion on Glitch or blatant cheating? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7
Glitch or blatant cheating?

I know there's been a lot of discussion on here about whether or not the computer blatantly cheats to keep you from winning or if it just "simulates momentum and challenge." I personally tend to agree that the game does cheat you, as I constantly see linemen running around in a daze, motion shifting, and unbelievable broken tackles, especially when you're winning. But I also believe that a lot of the stuff is bearable and that this year's game doesn't hit you with a barrage until you just can't win if you get your sliders right. I can almost always win or keep it close.

That being said, I still can't believe what just happened to me. I'm playing in year one of a new Louisville dynasty. I've eked out close wins over Kentucky and Oregon State and took care of business against FCS, Arkansas State, and Memphis. I've got Cincy at home, and I'm down 10-7 with 4 minutes left in the fourth quarter. I'm running Nevada's pistol offense (my passing game is atrocious but I have good backs). I've got first down on my own 46 yard line. I decide to run a Motion Read Option. The receiver comes in motion from the right side, I read the DE and keep the ball as I should. The LB crashes in on the QB, so I pitch it to the WR. I then run down the sideline, stiff arm the CB, then put a nice spin move on the safety, and run all the way to the endzone. No flags, everything's good.

Now, the issue. I go to kick the extra point, and the game goes to what appears to be a booth review. I'm thinking maybe it's reviewing to see if I stepped out of bounds (though, I've never seen it do this before). But the slow motion replay is not of my running the sideline. It's not of me pitching the ball. It's a replay of... the snap. Yes, they are reviewing the snap. Why? No clue. Then I notice that nowhere on the screen does it actually say "review." Next thing I know, it just says "Play Reversed!" I'm thinking, okay... I guess I stepped out of bounds at some point.

But then I get to the next play, and what do I have? 1st and 10 on my own 46. Exactly the same place I started, no loss of down, no points, no nothing. The play was just erased. I go to watch the replay... replay not available. I go to look at the highlights... the play isn't even there. It's like the whole thing just never happened. I can't believe it. And of course, what happens next? I get blown up in the backfield on two straight runs and then sacked on third down.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Is it a glitch, or just the worst case of blatant cheating by the computer ever?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 12:01 AM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Glitch or blatant cheating?

Glitch.....They probably intended to review if you stepped out of bounds......Because I have seen and had some reviews of me stepping out of bounds on big runs.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #3
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

beyond inexcusable....
Old 12-01-2010, 02:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm with you OP. Today i was playing #25 Oregon in the 4th year of my Wazzou dynasty. I was winning 34-25 w/ 3 mins and some change left. I'm just trying to run the clock out and run the ball. I do counter left and i see that they stacked the left side. Naturally i try to flip the play to the other side. It WOULD NOT LET ME!! I pushed over on the joystick at least 4 times before giving up and running the play. I was at home too, so it's not like i was on the road in a hostile environment and my players couldn't hear me. It just basically cheated.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I usually give myself 1 time a season to take a game cheating loss like this.

Or I will play the best 2 out of 3.

I had a game like this at Syracuse when they are 2-7 and horrible against the pass and run.

I had 5 Ints. 2 Fumbles. And lost to them by 4 I believe. So I ran the best 2 out of 3 on them and won the other two times.

I dont know about scripted losses but it sucked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 AM   #6
Banned

The Teacher's Arena

OVR: 1

I have come to expect these things to happen in sports games. (Especially EA games of late). Although, NBA 2k games have a habit of being glitchy and broken as well.

It doesn't stop me from getting a little angry about it, though. I would suggest calling shenanigans and starting up the next game on your schedule with a chip on your shoulder.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:49 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Oh I'm convinced the game cheats. They know every play you call. They shed 100 tackles a carry. They catch anything thrown in traffic. If the CPU wants to score, there's nothing you can do but sit back and watch helplessly as they shed your D. Magic fumbles when nobody touches your guy...balls that go right through your DB for a catch...calling run plays and watching as the safeties sneak up, only to audible to a pass play in the same formation and see them back off...list goes on and on. Is it annoying? Of course it is, but it's bearable because most of the time I still win the game.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

I think the game just gives your opponent a secret awareness boost across the board in given situations (or perhaps also lowers yours). At the beginning of a game, right before the end of the half, when the other team NEEDS a score (or you need one) etc. Momentum already does this (as it logically should) but there are times when the CPU team will magically get one based on the situation. This isn't the same as a "predestined loss" as some call it, but it's still unfair. This is negated some if you have the momentum in your favor, but there are times when you can feel the computer has done an awareness cheat on your team or the other team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »