Home

What team should I follow?

This is a discussion on What team should I follow? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

OVR: 1
What team should I follow?

I have ncaa 10 (getting 11 for christmas I guess..)

I am from the UK, I support the giants in the nfl (I've been to new york 2 times)

And yeah.. I don't know who to support, please note I will also use this team ingame. I liked usc but they are too good if that makes sense..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #2
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What team should I follow?

LSU

In the game, they're good, not great, but there are the resources available to become dominate.

@AdamdotH
Old 12-17-2010, 12:02 PM   #3
Rookie

Kurt l o l's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
LSU

In the game, they're good, not great, but there are the resources available to become dominate.
I like LSU, I'll check them out.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt l o l

I am from the UK, I support the giants in the nfl (I've been to new york 2 times)

And yeah.. I don't know who to support, please note I will also use this team ingame. I liked usc but they are too good if that makes sense..
Really depends on what you are going for. I am a NU fan so I use NU most of the time with the latest roster updates. I run and scramble alot so the combo fo T mart and Helu Jr works very well for me.

On the other hand, in my dynasty, I wanted to build up a 1 star program. I chose mid tenn state because of the different uniform options and pride stickers. Its fun taking a team from nothing and building them up and recruitng the team to you preferences.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #5
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt l o l

What's your favorite city in the uk? Pick a university with that personality, eg Blackpool = UNLV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

I have trouble getting immersed in a dynasty without understanding the history and tradition. If you're new to college football I suggest reading up a bit to get a feel for the different rivalries and traditions.

A good book is http://www.amazon.com/Pigskin-Warrio...=operasport-20

you can get the PDF (kindle) version for like $10.. It's a good read on college football history
Old 12-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #7
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isura
I have trouble getting immersed in a dynasty without understanding the history and tradition. If you're new to college football I suggest reading up a bit to get a feel for the different rivalries and traditions.

A good book is http://www.amazon.com/Pigskin-Warrio...=operasport-20

you can get the PDF (kindle) version for like $10.. It's a good read on college football history
or, you could read the tl;dr version

LSU
-Plays Better at night, so the schedule most their games at night. (But EA ignores that)
-The purple uni's are cursed, and only wear them for non-conference home games (or when the home team decides to be dicks and wears white)
-Plays in the scariest place in all of College football, Death Valley
-Pretty much the entire SEC West are their rivals
-See the top row of purple numbers in my sigs for championships
-Pre-Game is the best fight song in the country.

I think I touched on all points.

@AdamdotH
Old 12-17-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Great to see another UK fan on here. This will probably annoy alot of people here, but the first college football game I watched was #1 Texas vs Texas Tech in 2008. I loved the spirit they showed to make the upset happen, plus I love the air raid offence they use. Made the decision easy, and have supported the red raiders ever since!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »