Home

NCAA Football 11 custom schedules help?

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 custom schedules help? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NCAA Football 11 custom schedules help?

So I have just decided to start a dynasty with a 1 star team
That was a tough enough decision but I choose San Diego State, are they the most fun 1 star team to build up?

Anyway, I am just about to set a custom schedule for my 1st season and Im not sure how to approach it
  • Should I just play to auto schedule it gives you which is the correct schedule for year 1?
  • should I schedule to play the hardest schedule possible so that I can play big games?
  • Should I play an easy schedule so that I can just win games?

Maybe its a silly question but Im not sure what to do
What do you do, if you're playing with a bad team(e.g. Western Kentucky)?
What do you do, if you're playing with a good team(e.g. Ohio State)?

Merry Christmas!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 11 custom schedules help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwedsa
So I have just decided to start a dynasty with a 1 star team
That was a tough enough decision but I choose San Diego State, are they the most fun 1 star team to build up?

Anyway, I am just about to set a custom schedule for my 1st season and Im not sure how to approach it
  • Should I just play to auto schedule it gives you which is the correct schedule for year 1?
  • should I schedule to play the hardest schedule possible so that I can play big games?
  • Should I play an easy schedule so that I can just win games?
Maybe its a silly question but Im not sure what to do
What do you do, if you're playing with a bad team(e.g. Western Kentucky)?
What do you do, if you're playing with a good team(e.g. Ohio State)?

Merry Christmas!
I started a dynasty with 1 star mid tenn state last season. I made one of the easiest schedules possible for my first season. Had Vandy, Duke, FCS WEst, and Wash State as my out of conference schedule.

I lost to Vandy but won all the other games including the Orleans Bowl game against UAB. I finsihed the season #22.

For me, I made a joke schedule because, being in the sunbelt, the schedule rating was terrible anyway. This season I scheduled NM State, #17 LSU, #20 VT, and #25 WV and my schedule rating is still only a C-.

Personally, I chose the easier schedule cause I have never played with a weak team and I decided to delete the patches and also use a new slider set. I am glad I did cause even this season I got waxed by LSU by 21.

If I were you, you might want to do half and half. Schedule 2 out of conference games against top 25 oppoenents and 2 more crap teams. I enjoy a challenge and dont expect to win every game, so its fun for me.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 11 custom schedules help?

As a 1-star program, focus on

1) winnable games with similar talented teams. Your players will develop better if they put up good stats and have success. Look to schedule 1 "tough" OOC game, 2 even games, and 1 easy game (if you play 8 conference games)

2) "friendly" recruiting games. This is so important. Schedule home games against rivals around week 5 or 10 imo. It's great if you have OOC rivals. I schedule 1 rival game around week 5 for the early commit guys, and one later in the season for the secondary and late recruits.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »