Home

Surprising Heisman decision....

This is a discussion on Surprising Heisman decision.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 12:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Surprising Heisman decision....

Texas Techs's Mike Williams (QB, Sophomore (RS)) - 2nd

Passing
260/443 for 4449 yards, 39 TD's and 10 interceptions.

Rushing
204 attempts for 1258 yards and 21 TD's

Team
One loss on a tough schedule, ranked #5 and a bid for the fiesta bowl.

Boise State's Danny Roth (QB, Junior (RS)) - 1st

Passing
269/497 for 3661 yards, 40 TD's and 14 interceptions.

Rushing
171 attempts for 530 yards and 3 TD's

Team
Undefeated, ranked #2 and a bid for the BCS National Championship.

Don't worry, I'm not bitching about the game, I kind of like these moments in a way, but I just wondered if anyone can see what caused this decision.

EDIT - now I've actually said who won... sorry!

Last edited by hampshire2012; 12-18-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Surprising Heisman decision....

You didn't tell us what the issue was, just listed the stats for two guys. I assume... the Boise guy won? Is the Texas Tech guy yours? Maybe the computer could see 60 touchdowns and 5,700 yards of offense by one guy is so insanely unrealistic it was sending a subtle message to adjust your sliders.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:02 PM   #3
Rookie

dmhtfld's Arena

OVR: 2

which one won the heisman?
Old 12-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
You didn't tell us what the issue was, just listed the stats for two guys. I assume... the Boise guy won? Is the Texas Tech guy yours? Maybe the computer could see 60 touchdowns and 5,700 yards of offense by one guy is so insanely unrealistic it was sending a subtle message to adjust your sliders.
Hahaha you're probably right. I mean I play on Heisman with a version of Salutations zero threshold sliders, already adjusted to make it more challenging. Probably need to do more adjusting! They've been absolutely fine so far though....
Old 12-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Maybe because your guy is a RsSo and the other was a RsJr. The voters (I know there are not real voters here) felt like your guy would come back for is RsJr season and the other guy would not. Maybe you will get the Eric Crouch Heisman next season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

My question is why is TT QB running for 1200 yds?

It looks like TT QB should of won but Im guessing Boise won due to being in Nat Champ game. Was the Heisman a close race?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-18-2010, 03:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickey1331
My question is why is TT QB running for 1200 yds?

It looks like TT QB should of won but Im guessing Boise won due to being in Nat Champ game. Was the Heisman a close race?
Because I ran that much with him :-). Does the fact it's a user player effect things? Ummm not sure, I think maybe 300-400 between 1st and 2nd.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I consistently see the questionable Heisman winner and have been on both ends of the result.
So. WR won it as well as Belitnikoff one year and I was shocked. Had hovered near top most of second-half of season and had excellent but not unrealistic (i.e. overused user, lol) statistics.
Couple of seasons back my So. QB won it -- might debunk the So.-coming-back-next-year theory -- with, again, excellent but not overused numbers (I had 1st and 2nd string stud HBs so had a really balanced attack).
I've read in previously posted posts that this might be a key.
However, there's still some unbelievable randomness to the 'voting.' That same QB, who was injured for season 3 minutes into Jr. year, led Heisman race from about wk 7 on. In SEC title game Bama was stuffing my run all game and 'he' ended up throwing for 400+ in the win. Oops. Guess who won the trophy? A HB from OU that finished 2nd in the Walker voting and even had the fewest yds from scrimmage of the top 5 rushers in the voting.
It's so screwy I have quit worrying about it. I've got a QB and WR in the running this season, so I'll see how just playing to win affects the voting (i.e., take the starters out when I should, crossing routes to move the chains instead of audible-fly routes, running to burn clock, etc.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »