Home

So I've been having issues with Swim Moves

This is a discussion on So I've been having issues with Swim Moves within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
So I've been having issues with Swim Moves

Particularly the CPU swim move and how it is unstoppable.

I usually ask coach to call the plays. I played 2 games as Washington vs Minnesota. One with ASk Coach, the other with me calling the plays.

Game 1. I win 23-20 with a FG at :02. I ran 74 offensive plays. CPU swim move on 65 of them. I ran the ball 33 times, CPU did the swim move on 28 of the plays. Of those 32 times the swim move occurred, 29 times it was the guy where the play was directed who did the swim move. Also, of the 74 offensive plays, the CPU jumped the snap 65 times.

Game 2. I win 34-24. I ran 47 offensive plays (22 Pass, 25 run). In this game, I called the plays. Of the 47 offensive plays, the CPU did the unstoppable swim move on 9 (all 9 times it was the defender where the play was designed to go). Not once did the CPU jump the snap either. Not a single play did the CPU jump the snap. I was also able to run 2 playaction passes with effectiveness....Draws however were not so good, as on AA, the CPU at 70 run defense just chews up and spits out the draws.

It's an interesting development that on Ask Coach the CPU jumps the snap, and does the swim move thing.

at least that's what I've seen using SEC's sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: So I've been having issues with Swim Moves

Interesting.
I'm not experienced nor good enough yet to notice (nor try to defense against) swim moves. I'll have to try to keep an eye out for this now. Maybe a number of those blitzes I seem to be missing are simply the swim move problem. I've read a lot of posts about consistenly audibling from run to pass or past to run helps out in D aggression. Maybe?

As for jump snap, I finally got so frustrated I began liberally using RB Fake Snap. I was amazed in a recent game that I got 5 -- FIVE! -- encroachment penalties.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: So I've been having issues with Swim Moves

Is there a way to manually use the swim move when pass rushing? I've noticed that the defense can use it all the time and blow by my O-line, but I can't figure out how to use it myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »