Home

Am I the only one who cares about depth? (Other than "roster guys")

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who cares about depth? (Other than "roster guys") within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Am I the only one who cares about depth? (Other than "roster guys")

Being restricted to 70 players is not what this generation of football is all about. I wish for once I could actually build depth at posititons that I would like to be strengths of my team (ie the O-Line and D-Line). As it stands currently "depth" is having 5 players at MLB. Needless to say this does not bode well for teams who run the true 3-4 with only 2 underclassmen (just an example). How comfortable would THE OLD BALL COACH feel running M. Lattimore 25+ time if he only had 2 other RBs (maybe not the best example)? Having solid to good backups is what college football is all about, not only the ELITE have success on the field ask BAMA and (to a much lower degree) TEXAS. Returning starters and depth are part of the reason why some are projecting my Aggies as a top 15 team after no media attention what so ever last preseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 06:08 PM   #2
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Am I the only one who cares about depth? (Other than "roster guys")

I completly agree. I wish we had the full 85 man roster and maybe even about 10 extra spots designated for walk ons. Every year I download someone else's rosters and then go in and edit Tennessee's my self to make sure they are perfect (I want them VERY realistic ) and every time there is always a few players that I have to leave off because of the restrictions
Old 04-07-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

I believe it's been said that memory issues prohibit more than a 70 man roster.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #4
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

My biggest concern regarding depth is that the CPU never will carry more than 9 or 10 total OL tops. That position often takes up consistently at least 15 scholarships of the 85 schollie players a team is allowed. EA doesn't have teams carry enough lineman to go two deep once you're 3 years into a dynasty but, you'll see teams carry 8 RB's or 12 WR's.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:48 PM   #5
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerBullet
I believe it's been said that memory issues prohibit more than a 70 man roster.
But this could change with 360 opening up over a gig of space on their DVDs. Since 360 discs have less space than PS3, this could help.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2011, 11:55 PM   #6
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

I hate fighting to recruit a guy all season long and then when it comes time to cut guys I end up having to chop him even though I could use him on my team for depth.

Having the full 85 scholarship players would be huge, we don't need the full 20 walk-ons but it would be nice to have 10 or so?

Something as small as this would make dynasty so much more fun
Old 04-08-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

It really hurts recruiting for me. Bumping it to 85 seems reasonable. I don't understand what could be taking up all the space? They took out mini-game mode, haven't added to RTG, the dynasty mode probably takes up a bit of space, but is still thin when compared to other great sports titles, and the commentary consists of 5 pages of one liners from Nessler and Hirbstreet.

I don't mean to come off as a negative Nancy, as I loved NCAA 2011, but the game doesn't hold a ton of content when compared to games like The Show, or NBA 2k11. Maybe I'm way off here (I could see how the stadiums, uniform design, and 100+ rosters could take up space), but it just seems that NCAA football (EA) isn't fully utilizing the the disc space. I'm sure I am wrong, as I know they would do it if they could, I just have trouble understanding it.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 04-08-2011, 02:28 AM   #8
Rookie

(Serious question)What else could they MOVE to online (non-console) to give us the space for an additional 1800 players? Because this is SERIOUSLY NEEDED, I know a bunch of guys use to rant and rave about not having 85 man rosters but have now given up hope (Should I do the same EA). If the answer is yes then that would be VERY VERY VERY DISSAPOINTING. I have been explaining how important this is in football for years including this year, but if it is not shown to be important to most or (casual fans) then all of my efforts will fall on deaf ears. SMH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »