Home

MADDEN ?

This is a discussion on MADDEN ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
MADDEN ?

For those of you who play Madden too, is it worth the buy? I am not sure if NCAA 13 is going to work out, frustrated with it. Not sure if I want to give EA anymore of my money, but thought I would ask.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: MADDEN ?

Full price ? No. On sale yes. Of all the 13 season of sports games this year from EA, I'm having fun with FIFA 13 early release the most. They nailed player individuality in that game. Every team plays different, every player plays different. And the best part of it all, you can't do everything with every player on that game. If that player skill set level isn't high enough, they simply won't have moves available for them.

You can clearly tell the difference between a skilled player and an average player. They just stand out. This is something Madden and NCAA has always failed to capture, player individuality.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:43 PM   #3
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

As Gotmadskillzson said, full price no... On sale yes. I just played it all week on two player games and it was really a blast. I want to dive into CCM but it always seems cluttered and I'm not sure I like it. Best way to break it down for my opinion.

One vs. computer- Tie
User vs. user- Madden
CCM vs. Dynasty- Dynasty
Road to Glory vs. Superstar- personal opinion I hate bullet time, so superstar.
Editing obviously NCAA

It's a toss up as to which is better because each do their own things I like better.
Old 09-23-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
As Gotmadskillzson said, full price no... On sale yes. I just played it all week on two player games and it was really a blast. I want to dive into CCM but it always seems cluttered and I'm not sure I like it. Best way to break it down for my opinion.

One vs. computer- Tie
User vs. user- Madden
CCM vs. Dynasty- Dynasty
Road to Glory vs. Superstar- personal opinion I hate bullet time, so superstar.
Editing obviously NCAA

It's a toss up as to which is better because each do their own things I like better.
Whats the difference between $60 or $45 or $30 for that matter. If a game is broke and frustrating its not worth anything. If a game plays well and I get a ton of hours of enjoyment from it, its worth much more than the $60 price tag.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #5
Pro

scottyo60's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Whats the difference between $60 or $45 or $30 for that matter. If a game is broke and frustrating its not worth anything. If a game plays well and I get a ton of hours of enjoyment from it, its worth much more than the $60 price tag.
For me I got NCAA for $45. It's been frustrating, but worth that price absolutely. Your sliders have made the game for me at least. On Madden I paid $50, but I wouldn't pay $60.

I agree that If I get hours of enjoyment its worth more than the price tag. What I'd say brings Madden down is that I can't get into CCM, user vs. computer doesn't do a whole lot for me and lack of editing. Have I got a lot of value out of Madden with my friends? Absolutely, but none have xboxs so it's on me to bring it over to play.

NCAA I've put a ton of hours into just rosters! I probably have got no where near the value that the full price would have been. Because of your sliders I will be finding that enjoyment I think.

For me, this is my differences and I'll list...

$60- great user vs computer experience, Deep franchise/dynasty mode, editing options that are open, fun two player game, lack of bugs or freezing

$45- lacks in either user vs. computer or two player. Has some bugs or freezing issues, editing limits on many things, average franchise mode.

$30- bugs, freezing, some issues, might do some things actually really well and others really bad!

IMO $60+ values, NBA 2K11, MLB the Shows, Madden 10, NCAA 11, UFC 3
$45-NCAA 13, Madden 12, NHL 12, NBA 2K12 (iffy putting it here) Madden 08
$30-Live 10, Madden 11, NHL 11, Fight Night Champion

Ill add I respect the heck out of FIFA, but I don't like soccer and can't get into it. They make a really fun game and while it may have some issues I read, it nails all my $60 wants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Madden has a great presentation, no custom playbooks though, which has made me not touch it since I bought it. Improvement in commentary and gameplay. You can't edit players for franchise mode anymore and there is no draft class. Custom Careers mode is fun but can get repetitive. I'd wait a while until the price goes down, there is really no hurry
Old 09-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

I just got NCAA today and I have to say everything about this game is better than madden apart from the actual gameplay. I wish EA could just implement that same dynasty system they have for NCAA into madden including updates from other games during your game.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I generally don't play Madden, only College football, but since 11 I haven't been able to get a slider set going to where I have fun playing it. It is quite frustrating. If EA would fix issues from previous years and not break anything, this would be a good game. I want to go back to 11, but the custom conferences, player editing and the fact that assistant tackles now work in the game keep me tweeking sliders. I am hoping I can come up with a set that I am happy with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »