Home

Ranking the SEC RB

This is a discussion on Ranking the SEC RB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2
Ranking the SEC RB

Since there is a Pac-12 QB thread i thought id start an SEC RB thread. I think the pac-12, SEC, and big 12 are loaded this year at QB, RB, and WR in that order. Im just doing starters FYI

1. Knile Davis, Arkansas- Homer pick and i could see lattimore or richardson here as well. Led the SEC in rushing by a RB last year and has a great blend of speed and power, averaged 6.5 YPC last year. His age makes it to where he technically should be a sophomore next year so he still has a lot of room to grow

2. Trent Richardson, Alabama- With Ingram gone, TR IMO will be a 1,000 yard back. Really hard to tackle (as evidenced by his run against arkansas 2 years ago) and a physical freak. Could be the first RB taken in the draft

3. Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina- Was great last year as a true freshman. Took a ton of carries though or i would have him higher. Could make south carolina an SEC contender this year

4. Michael Dyer, Auburn- Dont like how he handled his recruitment, but reminds me of maurice jones-drew. Small but quick and tough back that i think will have a good, but not great, season because of newton and the o-line's absence. I can still dream of what a dyer/davis combo could have been :P

5. Brandon Bolden, Ole Miss- Could be higher if there werent so many good backs in the conference. Pretty underrated in my opinion. One thing Nutt knows how to do is coach great RBs. Physical runner who had 17 total TDs last year

6. Vick Ballard, Mississippi State- Another guy i think is underrated. Would have had 1,000 yards rushing last season if he had played against UAB. Big runner who excells in mullen's offense...will be interesting to see how he does this season

7. Tauren Poole, Tennessee- Ill admit i didnt get to see him play much last year, but i hear great things and he has impressive stats. will have to watch him more next season...Tennessee always has good backs

8. Jeff Demps, Florida- Sort of a drop off here, but Demps is a electrifying back with 4.3 speed and great agility. Can score from anywhere on the field.

9. Warren Norman, Vanderbilt- Pretty agile back that does really well despite not having great talent around him. Good return guy as well IIRC. Vandy should revolve their offense around him next season

10. Spencer Ware, LSU- Dont know for sure that he will start, but might be the most physically gifted of them all. Had a great cotton bowl and could move in to the top 4 by seasons end. I really like him.

11. Isiah Crowell, Georgia- Hard to put a freshman on here , but will likely start over ealey and king and has the potential to be a lot higher on the list. Has to make some sort of impact though, he wasnt a 5 star for no reason. Aaron Murray will take some pressure off of him

12. Raymond Sanders, Kentucky- Hard to replace Locke, but i honestly dont know much about him :P but a good nickname would be colonel sanders since he plays for kentucky

im no expert but i tried lol

Last edited by gohogs141; 05-09-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 01:13 AM   #2
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Ranking the SEC RB

Looks good. I would put Lattimore first though.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
Rookie

gohogs141's Arena

OVR: 2

I thought about it and while he had 19 total TDs last year, 249 carries is a lot and his 4.8 YPC was lower than some of the other backs. Still tremendous for a freshman though and hes a great player
Old 05-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #4
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Switch #1 to the 3rd spot and TR to the first slot with ML second...
Old 05-09-2011, 03:26 AM   #5
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Thanks for the list! I don't know much about the SEC running backs minus the occasional ESPN highlight from last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 AM   #6
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

I quit reading when I saw Lattimore 3rd
Old 05-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

lmao @ Knile 1st...

1. Richardson
  2. Lattimore
  3. Dyer
  4. Ware
  5. Demps
  6. Davis
  7. Stacy
  8. Poole
  9. Bolden
  10. Crowell
  11. Ballard
  12. Sanders

@AdamdotH
Old 05-09-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

1. Lattimore
2. Richardson
3. Dyer
4. Davis
5. Norman (really underrated IMO)
6. Poole
7. Demps
8. Bolden
9. Ballard
10. Crowell
11. Ware
12. Sanders
The SEC has some really good RBs this year. Any of the top 10 I could easily see having over 1000 yds this year. I really don't know anything about the last two guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »