Home

Online play-Running Game

This is a discussion on Online play-Running Game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Online play-Running Game

Is anyone else having a RIDICULOUS amount of trouble stopping the run game??

I started out online 11-1, my record is now 17-11 and its all due to having people literally run the ball 96% of the time and I am just unable to stop it.

Ive tried a 5-2, a 4-4, 46 Bear, variations of the 335 and 425, nickel, 4-3, and hell I just had a guy run goal line the entire game against me and I used goal line D and I still could do nothing to stop first down after first down.

The only times I manage to stop the run is when I predict the run to the outside. But thats too dangerous to do allot because all it takes is one wrong prediction and its a dust.

Help, tips, discussion? Ive also tried going conservative vs aggressive and conservative does not help but aggressive occasionally gets me a turnover.

Is anyone else having this issue? I love playing online and climbing the rankings but its becoming rather a bore trying to devise schemes to stop these overloaded run formations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Online play-Running Game

One play I occasionally have success with is the 4-3 play with corners blitzing (there's one per formation). The corner almost never makes the tackle, as he usually gets tied up with the pulling guard/FB/TE, but he does force the HB to go around, which allows your pursuit LBs to catch up.

Another good tip is that if you stuff one of these overload runners online, 2nd down is almost guaranteed to be a Play Action Pass to their best tight end. Show blitz, set your Pass Defense to aggressive, pass commit, and spotlight the TE and you can usually pick them off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »