Home

NCAA 12 on PS3

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 on PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
NCAA 12 on PS3

I have a question that maybe someone on here can answer for me. As a PS3 owner I am always suspicious of previews and screenshots because they are almost ALWAYS exclusively taken from the 360 version. Does anybody know of a place where they have released shots or vids of the PS3 running the game?

I know last year they did an excellent job with the PS3 version, it seemed to be pretty much identical to the 360, I just hope it is the same case this year with all the new visual improvements.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 05-10-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: oops
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
Rookie

j_baker09's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 12 on PS3

Dont worry, the game will be the same on both systems.

What they do is the make the game for the 360 because its easier programing and then transport it to work on the PS3 ... or something like like that

But they will be the same exact games on both systems
Old 05-11-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Don't kid yourselves guys. The PS3 and 360 versions of NCAA11 were not identical. They were very close in gameplay, but the menus and loading were painfully slow in the PS3 compared to the 360. Recruiting on the PS3 was not nearly as fun because the game was always chugging along; the 360 version was much more smooth, as much as it sucks to say.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Dmarzio's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
Don't kid yourselves guys. The PS3 and 360 versions of NCAA11 were not identical. They were very close in gameplay, but the menus and loading were painfully slow in the PS3 compared to the 360. Recruiting on the PS3 was not nearly as fun because the game was always chugging along; the 360 version was much more smooth, as much as it sucks to say.
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing these issues. I actually tried to do something about it. I had a spare 60GB SSD hard drive laying around (an extremely fast hard drive for anyone who doesn't know), and I installed it in my PS3 thinking it would speed things up a bit.

I realized that most of the game does not access the hard drive very much, and it actually is reading from the DISC a lot! Considering the Blu Ray drive inside the PS3 is pretty dang slow (it was one of the first blu ray drives available when the PS3 launched), this is what I think is slowing down the game on the PS3.

If they would install more data on the hard drive (I think a minimum of anything needed during gameplay. It should not have to access the disc during gameplay), than it would speed up the game considerably.

Most games that are PS3 specific nowadays know better than access the painfully slow DISC during gameplay. That is why games like Gran Turismo, Metal Gear Solid, and others install several GB worth of data to the hard drive the first time you launch the game. NCAA Should do more of this as well...
Old 05-11-2011, 10:30 AM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card-me
Plus the replays on the PS3 version were inferior to the 360. I only get 360 exclusive games on my XBox and get all the other games on the PS3, but not this year for NCAA 12 because clearly the 360 version is more polished year after year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

ya the developers have said it before. They make the game on 360 because it is easier to program and transfer it to ps3.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #7
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Wow, interesting responses guys. I appreciate the feedback...

To be 100% honest I didn't know that the replays and menu/loading times were much inferior on the PS3, I guess I just missed that when NCAA 11 was reviewed.

Correct me if I am wrong though, but the graphics themselves seemed pretty close in NCAA 11, right?

Well....this is an interesting problem. My friends have PS3s and my ODs are on PS3, which is a large part of all the time I spend on the game, but I want the definitive NCAA 12 experience, maybe I have to find a cheap deal somewhere for a 360 system at some point....

OS Blog

Old 05-11-2011, 11:43 AM   #8
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Also, why do so many PS3 games not have the optional install feature that I read about 360 games having to make load times go faster?

OS Blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »