Home

Is the CPU Better in Rivalry Games?

This is a discussion on Is the CPU Better in Rivalry Games? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5
Is the CPU Better in Rivalry Games?

So I have had a running theory for a while in NCAA 11, and I now have enough anecdotal evidence to know that something is going o.

Throughout 7 seasons of online dynasty, the only games I lose to the CPU are either those against vastly better teams (e.g. they are rated "A" overall and my team is "C+"), or in Rivalry Games (regardless of team ratings). Rivalry Games always seem harder than others, and every time I have one of those "The CPU will not let you win this game no matter what" losses, it's in a rivalry. I throw a lot more INTs during Rivalry Games, and get fewer turnovers from my opponents.

I thin k the CPU ramps up the difficulty in Rivalry Games for some reason. Has anybody else experienced this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Is the CPU Better in Rivalry Games?

Not that I noticed......
Old 05-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I felt like this when the game originally came out, but the past few months, I haven't really noticed it at all. I wish that they would like some other games do, but I don't think it's in the game.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
So I have had a running theory for a while in NCAA 11, and I now have enough anecdotal evidence to know that something is going o.

Throughout 7 seasons of online dynasty, the only games I lose to the CPU are either those against vastly better teams (e.g. they are rated "A" overall and my team is "C+"), or in Rivalry Games (regardless of team ratings). Rivalry Games always seem harder than others, and every time I have one of those "The CPU will not let you win this game no matter what" losses, it's in a rivalry. I throw a lot more INTs during Rivalry Games, and get fewer turnovers from my opponents.

I thin k the CPU ramps up the difficulty in Rivalry Games for some reason. Has anybody else experienced this?
I know this isn't something that gets advertised or even talked about by devs but there is no doubt in my mind they program a random difficulty spike in games like this. There is no other way to explain the results I have seen in over 20+ seasons of dynasty mode, offline and online.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Pro

MMurda's Arena

i gotta agree with the OP. after like 14 seasons with diff teams...its always the same when it comes to rivalry gms. the cpu plays harder, even if they have a far less superior tm. i dont have probs winning these gms most times, so its not like a all madden type "cheat"...but it is extremely noticeable that the cpu brings its "A-game" in rivalry gms due to some kinda boost. im always more careful cuz the turnovers are way more likely.

i dont hate it tho cuz i think it kinda represents how players will def come to play when its a rivalry gm..not to say they dont come to play every wk, but its just way more on the line in these gms than a regular wk....the trash talk between schools, players, traditions, trophys or whatever on the line, bragging rights...etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 32

I think the OP is right. I like it that way though since you have to imagine rivals know you better than out of conference opponents and those you play infrequently. I run with San Diego State and San Jose always gives me there best even though they are horrible.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I think the OP is right. I like it that way though since you have to imagine rivals know you better than out of conference opponents and those you play infrequently. I run with San Diego State and San Jose always gives me there best even though they are horrible.

Agreed to a point; it can suck, though, when you're trying to build up a downtrodden Syracuse team--which has 5 Rivalry Games every year, a few of which are also conference opponents.

I tend to have a lot of close, last-second wins (and a handful of heartbreaking losses) in those games. Very, very few blowouts.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:24 PM   #8
Pro

I like it, rivalry games should be tougher, thats why its a rivalry game...both teams get pumped

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »