Home

Having players equipment mean something

This is a discussion on Having players equipment mean something within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2011, 12:05 PM   #1
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3
Having players equipment mean something

With the equipment options available to the players, it would be nice to see some of the equipment mean something. Say your quarterback goes down with a sprain ankle, instead of the injury screen coming up and saying play him or rest him, have a screen pop up with different options, like have his ankle taped or wear an ankle brace. And with each type of option, give a percentage on how likely it would be for him to be reinjured by choosing the taped ankle or ankle brace.
There would have to be more equipment options available of course and it would only work on a handful of injuries, but it would be nice to see the equipment mean something other than for show.
I was also thinking about being able to forecast the weather in advance, so that way you could prepare your players for the different types of weather conditions. That would mean that weather would really have to play a big part of the game, and it should anyway. That way if it was cold and rainy, your qb could have his hand warmers on him, have the long sleeves on. There are a ton of possibilities with this, but equipment and weather would have to mean something in the game first.

Just thinking out loud
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Having players equipment mean something

I mentioned some thing like this before. I didn't so much say we should get a option to choose, but more if a player hurts his ankle for example the equipment should reflect that injury and the severity of that injury.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-31-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

I could see it being useful in scenarios like the ankle injury you mentioned. But more along the lines of something like:

Player sprains ankle choose:
(1) Ankle tape: Retain SPD and AGI ratings but take a big hit in INJ and STA;
(2) Ankle brace: Lose SPD and AGI but keep INJ and STA high.

Dunno about the weather stuff though. I'd much rather have the game automatically put handwarmers or long sleeves on my guys rather than manually doing obvious stuff like that.

Plus, core gameay first, etc. etc...

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 05-31-2011, 01:22 PM   #4
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
I could see it being useful in scenarios like the ankle injury you mentioned. But more along the lines of something like:

Dunno about the weather stuff though. I'd much rather have the game automatically put handwarmers or long sleeves on my guys rather than manually doing obvious stuff like that.

Yeah I know what your saying. the player editing is a handful. It seems to me if you tweak the players sleeve length, when the cold weather game comes, the cpu wont put the long sleeves on the players.

Also a good idea on the player attributes changing. I forgot all about those..lol. It would be better for the attributes to change, than the reinjuring part
Old 05-31-2011, 01:59 PM   #5
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464

I dunno, that's pushing into RPG territory. Plus, ankle braces don't slow you down, at all. If anything, I felt better running with ankle braces

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #6
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
I dunno, that's pushing into RPG territory. Plus, ankle braces don't slow you down, at all. If anything, I felt better running with ankle braces
Not only that, but isn't the injury and/or the trainer that decides how to treat the injury not the coach?

Like I said I would love to see injuries dictate the equipment, but I don't like the equipment effecting the significance of the injury.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

The injury directly effects the part of the body. The tape has nothing to do with it. Sure it supports it, but it doesn't make you slower or any less agile, the injury does. Someone mentioned something like this on IGN a few years back and it wasn't a good idea because he took it to far and it was borderline stupid. He was saying something about how Visors should effect the athletes vision (awareness) because he is wearing one. I was like WOW! That dude has obviously never wore one before.

I think to a certain degree this could work but don't take it too far.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:49 PM   #8
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger

Yeh, I never liked ankle braces felt that they limited my movement a little however that's just me, but I will say to the OP that when I played football in college I sprained my ankle during a game (didn't wear ankle braces) so I went to the sidelines and got an ankle brace. I was able to play the rest of the game but it hurt like hell. And I will say there is no way I could have played without the brace.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »