Home

Recruiting Logic/Tips

This is a discussion on Recruiting Logic/Tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-21-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5
Recruiting Logic/Tips

I really hope EA fixes the recruiting logic for NCAA 12. They switched the interface in 11 and made it seem to be different by showing how much you're taking away a team when recruiting against someone, but that doesn't seem to work if you ask me. I had Michigan and I couldn't out recruit E. Michigan or C. Michigan. I recruited against their school every pitch and I was still #3 and he went to E. Michigan. They also need to have faster running backs in the game. The #1 running back in most classes has B or B+ speed. I don't understand that at all.

How do you all handle recruiting in a very competitive online dynasty on heisman recruiting difficulty? Do you fill your board up completely or recruit 10-20 at a time? What works well for you?

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Recruiting Logic/Tips

I never go after more than 15 recruits. That way you can spend more time on the ones.you want. As far as negative recruiting, its supposed to be more effective in 12.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I hear ya on the recruiting against feature. It seems like it really doesn't work unless u get a 2x bonus and even then it's spotty. I've also had numerous times where I've been #2 on a guys board and have already offered him a scholarship and the #1 team (CPU) hasn't, yet still continues to recruit him and they eventually end up landing him in the offseason without offering him a scholarship! For example, in my latest dynasty with Wake Forest, I was going after a RB from Ohio and it followed this exact same situation. I was #2 and Ohio was #1. In the end he decided to go to Ohio even though they didn't offer him a scholarship. He'd rather walk on at a mid-level MAC school than get a full-ride scholarship at an ACC school?!?! I don't think so. It's so unrealistic.

Also, how come the CPU can get recruited walk-ons but humans can't? It's so stupid it's almost laughable.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #4
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Also, how come the CPU can get recruited walk-ons but humans can't? It's so stupid it's almost laughable.
Not sure I know what you are talking about there.

As far as recruiting strategy I agree with only recruiting 12 or so, but I put 20 on my board. Recruit the 10-12 hard and remove anyone that gets out of reach and go after the remaining as I can.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan1993
Not sure I know what you are talking about there.
The CPU can get regular players without offering them a scholarship while humans have to offer scholarships to get regular players, unless they want to get the crappy walk-ons that are given to u if u have a roster deficiency.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Got ya. I have seen that several times as well. I hope that did get corrected
Old 06-21-2011, 10:31 PM   #7
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
The CPU can get regular players without offering them a scholarship while humans have to offer scholarships to get regular players, unless they want to get the crappy walk-ons that are given to u if u have a roster deficiency.
I can nail an occasional 3* w/o offering, if he has no other offers. Some 2* and landing a 1* Walk on isn't too hard
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 AM   #8
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I hear ya on the recruiting against feature. It seems like it really doesn't work unless u get a 2x bonus and even then it's spotty. I've also had numerous times where I've been #2 on a guys board and have already offered him a scholarship and the #1 team (CPU) hasn't, yet still continues to recruit him and they eventually end up landing him in the offseason without offering him a scholarship! For example, in my latest dynasty with Wake Forest, I was going after a RB from Ohio and it followed this exact same situation. I was #2 and Ohio was #1. In the end he decided to go to Ohio even though they didn't offer him a scholarship. He'd rather walk on at a mid-level MAC school than get a full-ride scholarship at an ACC school?!?! I don't think so. It's so unrealistic.

It's absolutely ridiculous. I've gone after guys who don't have me in their top 10 and they have 0 scholarship offer, but when I offer I'm still not even in their top 10. It's crazy. They will eventually get it right though I'm sure.

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »