Home

NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2011, 08:58 PM   #273
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed Today, Demo Streaming LIVE Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
EXACTLY, maybe it depends on the player... Maybe other gamers stick skills are much stronger than yours?? just sayin'..

ben
voodoo
I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:04 PM   #274
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyvoodoo
Then wait till next year...

ben
voodoo

That doesn't help GT FANS! They have had our jerseys wrong in 09, 10, 11 and now 12! WTF!!!!!!!!!!! We are obligated via our contract with Russell to wear new jerseys each year. It may be a pain in EA's ***, but they should try and get the correct jerseys for EVERY TEAM. Just because Ga Tech isn't a powerhouse doesn't mean they should get represented wrong on the game. I feel like if FSU had new jerseys each year, EA would bend and break over getting them in each year.

OR ATLEAST GIVE US ENOUGH OPTIONS ON TEAMBUILDER TO ACTUALLY MAKE THE JERSEYS!
Old 06-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #275
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Demo Details Revealed, EA Demo Stream Available

Advertising gameplay fixes does not really appeal to the casual fan, and I think that's why NCAA has almost never focused on these issues. EA Marketing needs gimmicks and graphics in order to market the game to the casual gamer--someone who is going to take a quick glance at it and decide whether or not they want to buy. Someone like this looking at a box describing "Improved shotgun running" or "Better line interactions" will immediately dismiss the game.

I honestly don't think NCAA caters to more hardcore/sim gamers. I don't feel that they ever have (see Mascot games, Season Showdown, et cetera). I'm not trying to make excuses or anything. I, as much as the next guy, would love to see better gameplay, but the foundation is flawed as it is and I just don't think NCAA will suddenly start lumping all their time into fixing every gameplay flaw. TB is another thing I'd like to be improved, but I suppose it is "good enough" and simply isn't on the priority list.

With all that said, since '11 I think things are really starting to roll. I'm thankful for the work these guys put in and I hope it continues to pay off in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #276
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl

With all that said, since '11 I think things are really starting to roll. I'm thankful for the work these guys put in and I hope it continues to pay off in the future.
Yeah, frustration aside, '10 and '11 were very solid efforts and with Coaching Carosuel, Custom Conference, and a few gameplay improvements( The Zone D looked pretty good in the videos) I'm pretty positive '12 will be one as well. I normally wouldn't be that frustrated with the jersey issue, but 4 years in a row is starting to tick me off. '12, like '11, looks like it will have pretty good gameplay with the right sliders.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #277
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
and the teams that played in the BCS game last season you would think they addressed the proble.
Maybe you didnt pay attention to the NC game last year, but both teams struggled mightly on offense. Heck Cam Newton was like a totally different player. It was like he totally scared to run. If that was the first game you ever saw him you could have never guessed that he was probably the most unstoppable QB to ever play the game.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #278
Rookie

Orangemann's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
Maybe you didnt pay attention to the NC game last year, but both teams struggled mightly on offense. Heck Cam Newton was like a totally different player. It was like he totally scared to run. If that was the first game you ever saw him you could have never guessed that he was probably the most unstoppable QB to ever play the game.
^Is missing the point...
Old 06-21-2011, 09:45 PM   #279
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
Old 06-21-2011, 10:00 PM   #280
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

This game has its pros no doubt, but I think what the biggest issue here is that, year in and year out we have seen, dealt with, and attempted to bring the issue to the devs attention and year in and year out, this same flaw/bug/glitch/whatever manages to go seemingly unnoticed.

Like many have said, the demo is probably an older build than what the devs currently are working with. With that said, if I were a game developer and I solved one of the biggest issues with my game, I would want that touted as a great achievment. The fact it isn't is alarming. Not necessarily saying it is an ultimatum, but it should be accounted for.

Again, I personally will most likely wait to get the game and hope somebody does a sim dynasty to see how the AI recruits and if the game stays close between the top teams and the bottom teams.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »