Home

RTG RB

This is a discussion on RTG RB within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
RTG RB

I finally got my starting job with my power RB (who has yet to break a tackle since HS, and I am in week 7 of my RTG). It took me 7 weeks to finally become a starter because 40% of my plays would end in the backfield, and 59% of my plays would leave me with enough blocking to get at the most 5 yards, and the final 1% would actually provide me with blocking to get a first down. Now I know 5 yards is a high quality run, but I would usually just get 2-3 yards. So I had hoped that once I became a starter I would get blocking in games, I was wrong. I had 7 attempts (in an entire game with LSU, a running team, I had 7 rushing attempts gotta love EA) I had 6 yards....... This is not a matter of difficulty I had 4 runs end in the backfield basically before I even gained control of my player. The other 3 were decent gains of 3-4 yards!!!!! This was against Tennessee, a team with a terrible defense.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Don't tell me I need to learn how to read blocks because their is honestly nothing to read, no blockers to follow for more than 1 yard. Their are no lanes and if their are you better believe that the game with make you lose control of your player so that a defensive lineman will come off his block and grab you from 2 yards away.

This is on All-American, Im surprised I haven't punched a hole in my wall or or thrown a controller yet. I don't want to use a slider set because I want my guy to be on the leaderboards. Half of the problem is the play calling of LSU. for some reason they run out of only the shotgun or pistol when I actually get a running play called. The other plays are options or tosses from ace or i form, which end with me getting tackled for a loss. I couldn't stop laughing when the OC called 7 passing plays in a row on our first drive.

Last edited by Randombagginz; 07-16-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
Banned

Re: RTG RB

Doesn't it say that you can change your sliders if you play on AA and still get on the leaderboards? In any case, I ended up turning the CPU rush defense down to 30 and the User run blocking up to 60. I could not tolerate the defense instantly shedding blocks as I approach a hole.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I also made a power running back, however I went to USC. I would say that atleast 75% of my plays were pass plays, at flippin' USC. Also, whenever I would make it to the red zone I would get pulled. This was with 85 Stamina too. Very frustrating.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

When you get a decent run play hit no huddle after the play is over. Ride that horse til you get drug out or you score/punt. I once had 40 carries in a game doing that.
Old 07-16-2011, 11:05 AM   #5
Rookie

guitarchitect7's Arena

OVR: 4
I got a speed back who signed with Oregon. I kid not...most the time they pass the ball and run screens every play. This was suppose to be a running team right???

Sent frim my DROID Incredible using Tapatalk
MLB: Chicago Cubs
NCAA: Iowa State Cyclones

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Something has to be done I'm a QB at miss st. I had 5 pass plays and 10 runs this last game. Wtf ncaa we need longer games or decent play calls come on.
Old 07-16-2011, 08:14 PM   #7
Rookie

AUsouthpaw2013's Arena

I decided to make my guy the second coming of Mike Alstott. I got signed by Auburn as a 4 star tailback and I earned the starting job by the 7th game. The play calling is absolutely awful. I'm with you OP, it's a miracle I haven't broken the TV yet. The AI calls passes with running D&D, and calls about 10 screens a game. I was playing LSU last night and the AI called 14 screen passes. 9 of those ended in sacks. The game was within 1 score for most of the second half, and the game just flat refused to let me have the ball even though I was averaging 7 YPC. Why is there no way to adjust the frequency of run plays vs pass plays? Come on EA, teams like Auburn, Oregon, and LSU run the ball at least 60% of the time. "Spread" does not mean "throw it all the time."

-Shug Jordan

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »