Home

Slider adjustment for passing

This is a discussion on Slider adjustment for passing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
Rookie

LHaze30's Arena

OVR: 7
Slider adjustment for passing

What should I adjust in order to make passing a little easier? I don't want it to be really easy though. I just finished a season w/ 12 Td's and 26 Int's. Just trying to make it slightly easier to throw the ball. Right now everyone just runs the ball. Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Slider adjustment for passing

Some in the sliders forum believe the pass accuracy and pass coverage sliders are inverted. Try setting user pass acc. to 0 and cpu pass coverage to 100 and test it out.

Also there's theories floating around that downloading named rosters is screwing things up and that unnamed rosters remedies the problem (but who wants to play with no names?).

Also there's debates about whether the first patch screwed things up.

It's just a complete mess that nobody can figure out (except for the EA apologists who claim you just need better skills). It would be nice if someone from EA actually addressed the issue and offered advice, but they got their money.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 2

I think the pass coverage slider for the CPU is backwards. Not positive about the QB accuracy. Try it in game - practice, as far as I can tell, the slider works as expected but it is different in game.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #4
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
I think the pass coverage slider for the CPU is backwards. Not positive about the QB accuracy. Try it in game - practice, as far as I can tell, the slider works as expected but it is different in game.
Yep, that's another theory making the rounds, that sliders react differently in practice than in games. So don't bother testing them in practice.

It really makes your head spin trying to figure out what the hell is going on with sliders and named roster files and such. I guess it's asking too much of EA to clarify the issue with some kind of statement. Maybe Ben is getting a chuckle over this, too.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-21-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 2

Yeah, it is kinda crazy.

In one dynasty it seems like 0 pass coverage makes it easier for me to pass, but in one of my other dynasties it seems like 100 pass coverage makes it easier to pass. Exact same settings save the pass coverage slider. I dunno... basically I'm totally confused. (but still having fun... just confused)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2011, 05:30 PM   #6
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaze30
What should I adjust in order to make passing a little easier? I don't want it to be really easy though. I just finished a season w/ 12 Td's and 26 Int's. Just trying to make it slightly easier to throw the ball. Right now everyone just runs the ball. Any suggestions?
I have played about 8 seasons on AA and now two + on Heisman, and what I have learned is this; for me... someone who plays 5-Wide and throws a lot, and uses the Lead Passing Stick a lot, having QB Accuracy at 35 is perfect.

When I tried it at 0 and 5, when using Lead Passing, the QB would throw the ball too far out in front of the WR and sometimes, even way too far behind even though I was trying to lead him.

At 35, and using Lead Passing, things feel as good as they can w/ the piss poor pass trajectory and the Leaping Linebackers/Psychic DB's.

To help you out on the INT/TD ratio... read the D before the snap... you may have to put some work into this... but if you can read the D pre-snap and know who should be open before you snap the ball, the battle is 75% won. That's what Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Drew Brees would tell you.

Old 08-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i think the conference you play in is a factor as well. i mostly play in c-usa and when i used sliders i focused on pass cov but didnt touch my pass acc

but if i played in the sec/big 12 i dropped my pass acc and cpu cov alot

i think this is a reason sliders fail sometimes for some users,

#18 greatest EVA....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »