Home

Heisman not a challenge...more like a nuisance

This is a discussion on Heisman not a challenge...more like a nuisance within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2011, 03:50 PM   #1
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

OVR: 0
Heisman not a challenge...more like a nuisance

Part one
It's frustrating when you(#5) beat your rival (#10) in their stadium 58 to 28. Bad things is I got tired of it and punted the ball 2 times fresh of my defense getting turnovers. Instead of this game being a challenge, it relies on psychic defense and such to seem hard. I know that people make sliders to compensate for what the a.i. Is lacking or things that are physically impossible but no amount of slider editing could help the shortcomings of the game. The problem with this series that I do actually love is that their is no game-planning whatsoever. In comparison, NBA 2K has no game-planning aspect either (besides player development) but that game is actually fun and challenging without cheating. To stress my point that there is no game-planning, I (River City) have the number one rushing attack in the nation with a heisman winning senior RB. So IRL any rival ranked number 10 heading into the game would focus on stopping my rushing attack and force me to pass which I am bottom of the country at (#109). So im playing and thinking where is the 7 to 8 guys in the box to stop my RB and force me to live on the passing. Now the game is good but it should be better. I am one those who believe that the game knows what plays you are picking which is cheating. I'm no way a programmer but how hard would it be to put opposing teams' ai into a box that doesn't see your plays and comes out in a 4-3 against my 2 WR 2TE and 1RB on 3rd and 12 (this has happened many times).

Part two
I think that EA should have used something like 2K's VIP system and use the numbers and percentages to see what a coach likes to do on third and 4 and this would go well with the coaching carousel because it would help give teams even more of an identity than just giving teams a playbook. Now I know implementing a gameplanning aspect would be hard for the user since those percentages and numbers won't really do any good.

I know this thread is a little all over the place but the bottom lime is that the ai especially on heisman has to be much more challenging without cheating
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #2
Rookie

Az2k12's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Heisman not a challenge...more like a nuisance

I agree, the game can really be too easy at times. A bore in games that should be the opposite. That VIP idea is a really great idea I like it

Coach Wile CH2K8

ASU // Phoenix Suns
Old 08-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #3
Rookie

xBaBaBooeyx's Arena

OVR: 1

I almost agreed with you until #22 Illinois beat my #2 Buckeyes soundly. I won the first 5 games of my dynasty pretty easily but then the fighting zookers took it to me. I didn't mind the loss so much because it happened in realistic fashion (which I was starting to question the realism). My team made a bunch of mistakes and Illinois was able to run the ball down my throat and continued to run the ball at me all game. It was actually satisfying in a weird way.
Old 08-15-2011, 01:43 AM   #4
Rookie

awil1026's Arena

OVR: 0

Yes i have experienced some close games many times but more often than not, i run away with somewhere in the 2nd half and its not uncommon for me to put up 21 points in the fourth quarter which is king of sad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »