Home

Finally broke my EA Sports Addiction!!!

This is a discussion on Finally broke my EA Sports Addiction!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2011, 01:09 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Finally broke my EA Sports Addiction!!!

Until the last two years I have not missed buying an EA Sports football game since 1995.

Recently: I haven't bought Madden in 2 years and won't buy it this year because it pretty much began sucking. Don't feel like I've missed a thing.

Bought NCAA 11 last year: decent, but not great. Robo QB sucked the life out of it.

Bought NCAA 12 this year: can't even START an online dynasty because of the "Online Dynasty is currently unavailable freezing" error. I thought I could deal with the tendency bug that I read about on here, but I can't even play the only mode I ever play. All the hype and new features (Coaching Carousel, Advance from computer) is null and void because I can't even start a dynasty.

I still play NBA 2K12 and have found ways to tweak it to make it challenging. 2K Sports continues to put out a good product.

EA Sports ALWAYS has some BS bug/glitch/issue/lack of improvements. I'll never buy an EA Sports game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 01:11 AM   #2
Your Go-to TV Expert

Scott's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Finally broke my EA Sports Addiction!!!

There are people who actually enjoy this game. Your post is just out of frustration and not needed at all.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:12 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
There are people who actually enjoy this game. Your post is just out of frustration and not needed at all.
The one exhibit game I was able to play seemed to be pretty sweet. I'm not a complainer to complain. But not being able to even start an Online Dynasty? That's a little more than frustration. That's basically a $60 charitable donation to EA Sports.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:22 AM   #4
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Wow, we havent heard this frusturation before, can you elaborate?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 AM   #5
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I used to be the same way. I absolutely loved EA Sports titles and wouldn't even give other companies a chance. I stuck with the NCAA Football and NBA Live series longer than I should have because I always thought to myself, "They've heard all the feedback. They know what needs to be fixed. This is the year they're going to get back on track. They've always come through in the past." I've let that notion go.

EA is still capable of greatness as evidenced by the FIFA, NHL, and Tiger Woods series. I'm not going to write off the entire company. But they have a lot to prove to me before I consider buying one of their football or basketball titles again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2011, 01:48 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Wow, we havent heard this frusturation before, can you elaborate?
I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or not. If it is: you got me. If not: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...right-now.html

I'm not able to start an Online Dynasty AT ALL. Funny thing is I'm not even mad. I just feel like I should have known better than to give EA Sports my money, even though it's been over a month since the game was released.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:50 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn
Old 08-16-2011, 01:54 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlyoungin

I still play NBA 2K12 and have found ways to tweak it to make it challenging. 2K Sports continues to put out a good product.

EA Sports ALWAYS has some BS bug/glitch/issue/lack of improvements. I'll never buy an EA Sports game again.
This man must be from the future!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »