Home

Ben Haumiller says they are working on fixing crowd noise issues in a title update

This is a discussion on Ben Haumiller says they are working on fixing crowd noise issues in a title update within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Ben Haumiller says they are working on fixing crowd noise issues in a title update

Just heard this in the Dead Pixel Live interview with Ben Haumiller. He's talking about it around the 22 minute mark.

http://deadpixellive.com/interviews/...-ben-haumiller
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ben Haumiller says they are working on fixing crowd noise issues in a title updat

I heard that too I hope they can get it in this upcoming patch.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:35 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Ben Haumiller says they are working on fixing crowd noise issues in a title updat

Sweet. I wanted that. Is this the 2nd patch? I sure hope they have submitted that already.
Old 08-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #4
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

To Ben Haumiller: I am one of those passionate fans and I fully respect the work you guys do and I'm sure the enormous amount of detail must be mind-boggling. That said, here are some issues that need addressed and should be quite easy for your team to fix.

1: Number fonts for certain teams. Missouri, Nebraska, UNLV to name a few, have the # 1 font way too fat in the game. Here's a photo of Nebraska in the game, notice how fat the 1 is on #71's jersey...

And here is how the 1 should look like:

2: Hawaii's helmet. You have the H logo too low on the helmet. Example:

And here's how it should look:

3: Audibles. We used to be able to call an audible and immediately "flip" it. Now we have to wait for everyone to get set, then we can flip it. Which takes entirely too long.

4: Motion. Please make it so we can send a guy in motion and then send him back to his original spot at any given time, instead of waiting for him to complete the motion. Again, this is not the way it is in real life and is a time-waster.

5: Shovel Pass. It makes no sense to have option plays in the game, but no Shovel Pass. The Shovel Pass is a staple in the Air Raid and Run & Shoot yet is not in your game. This should be an easy fix/add.

6: Bubble Screen. This play works correctly about 1% of the time. Either WR's don't block properly or the WR runs too slow, doesn't catch the ball moving forward, he turns his back to the defense to catch the ball and then takes way too long to get turned around and upfield, resulting in a 1 yard gain most of the time. In real life, this play can be great for 5-10 yards and sometimes can go for huge gains. In your game it doesn't matter what D you call this against or audible to against, it never works correctly. So please, fix the Bubble Screen. Here is a video showing the Bubble Screen and you will notice how the WR is always running forward when catching the ball and the WR's make blocks... sometimes, partial blocks, but enough to free up the WR w/ the ball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kER5D...257E6DCA9C63B7

Thanks for listening to the community and hopefully addressing these issues.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:39 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

How could they jack it up in the first place? Ben claimed that they have plenty of testing, but how can they completely miss how bad the crowd participation is when they claim that it was a focus of the game this year?

Its the basics like this that EA drops the ball on and thats whats so inexusable IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 11

Funny, i remember when the lack of crowd noise WAS the main concearn with this years game, i think its safe to say that this issue is a non factor at this point
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 08-19-2011, 01:52 AM   #7
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankrizzo380
Funny, i remember when the lack of crowd noise WAS the main concearn with this years game, i think its safe to say that this issue is a non factor at this point
I don't think it's a non factor. It's something that should be fixed.

---
- Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-19-2011, 01:57 AM   #8
Pro

kjjnesb's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
How could they jack it up in the first place? Ben claimed that they have plenty of testing, but how can they completely miss how bad the crowd participation is when they claim that it was a focus of the game this year?

Its the basics like this that EA drops the ball on and thats whats so inexusable IMO.
In the podcast he said the way they mixed the audio was really geared towards working great with surround sound and they actually recored live crowds for this but it just didn't come out as expected they plan to fix it with this patch and revisit redoing it in NCAA 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »