Home

Fix for some Transfer Fail Problems

This is a discussion on Fix for some Transfer Fail Problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Fix for some Transfer Fail Problems

I've seen this info posted on the EA forums for NCAA '12, but I haven't seen it on the OS forums, so I thought I'd pass it along. I'm assuming you're already familiar with the "transfer failed" message you get when trying to upload a game. If you get this message, then the game will ignore the posted result and sim the outcome. This seems to result in a loss almost every time for the users on our Online Dynasty, but we were using scrub teams for a challenge so that makes sense. But there is a SOLUTION for this problem some of the time. If you go into the scores/schedule section in the menu for your team with the transfer failed problem, the game will still be listed without a final score and the starting time. You can play the game again with this method and it will often save the result. We've used this multiple times during the regular season with success.

Of course, because this game is so damn buggy, it doesn't always work. We play on heisman in our OD and I've built Vandy up to win the title in Season 3 only to have "transfer failed" ruin everything. I've played the game 3 times now with transfer failed popping up every time. It seems like a lot of users have more problems during bowl week and offseason tasks, so maybe we just hit the motherload of EA screwups. Hopefully, that workaround helps you avoid at least some of the headaches.

One other piece of advice for commishes that get hung up and can't advance the week, the online advance option has gotten us around this bug a couple of times as well. Maybe the users can unite and share secrets for fixing what could be an amazing game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Fix for some Transfer Fail Problems

It's costing me bowl victories in our online dynasty. Seriously, I want some of my money back. I can't use custom playbooks, I can't play in my online dynasty, two of the main reasons I wanted to get the game. I like the game, I just want it to work so I can play it. I doubt I'll ever get the game on release date again, and I garuntee I will NEVER pay money to get that ea sports games 3 days early thing. Why would I want to pay money to be their game testers?

Get with the program EA and fix this crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »