Home

Air Force, Army,Or Navy?

This is a discussion on Air Force, Army,Or Navy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Air Force, Army,Or Navy?

I've never used any of the academies for a dynasty and want to try them this season, but I'm wondering who I should choose. My style of play is usually a tight end heavy (needs to be able to catch well) run heavy offense.

Is there one of the schools that would be better for this?I'm thinking I may go with Air Force because if I remember right they were rated higher then the others.

just hope the updateis soon because I think I will wait till its out to start it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Air Force, Army,Or Navy?

I posted this first paragraph in another thread to your question:

The military schools are fun. However, you should wait until Patch 2 is released to improve WR blocking OR you'll need to adjust your WR ratings (I prefer upping Play recognition...it sounds odd but it seems to work...by about 30 points per WR/TE/FB.) This makes the option more effective without upping overall ratings.

Other thoughts
Air Force is a bit less option-heavy than Navy or Army. If you want a bit more balanced attack or a variety of formations, they're your best bet. They also have the best conference and prestige along with the best overall athleticism of the service academies.

Even though Navy is better overall, they are just as much of a challenge as Army. Their FB, Alexander Teich, is a beast, but is a Senior. Where you are going to be hurt initially is defensively...team size/speed is lacking. You should be able to improve over the course of your franchise.

Army is only a 1-star prestige school, so they will be the biggest challenge to build up. They also share the same lack of athleticism that Navy has.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I posted this first paragraph in another thread to your question:

The military schools are fun. However, you should wait until Patch 2 is released to improve WR blocking OR you'll need to adjust your WR ratings (I prefer upping Play recognition...it sounds odd but it seems to work...by about 30 points per WR/TE/FB.) This makes the option more effective without upping overall ratings.

Other thoughts
Air Force is a bit less option-heavy than Navy or Army. If you want a bit more balanced attack or a variety of formations, they're your best bet. They also have the best conference and prestige along with the best overall athleticism of the service academies.

Even though Navy is better overall, they are just as much of a challenge as Army. Their FB, Alexander Teich, is a beast, but is a Senior. Where you are going to be hurt initially is defensively...team size/speed is lacking. You should be able to improve over the course of your franchise.

Army is only a 1-star prestige school, so they will be the biggest challenge to build up. They also share the same lack of athleticism that Navy has.
Thanks, I guess I am looking at Air force as I usually don't use the option (but I think I'll use my custom playbook anyway. I'll have to see the roster when I get home as to what I will need to target in recruitment, I know personally I always try and get a DT and a MLB my first class, and then whatever I need on offense.

How can I adjust the ratings that I need to? I want to start it but since I'm not sure when the patch is coming (has there been a date set yet?) I may just do it this way

I wonder how hard it will be to try and get prospects to sign for the Falcons.

Last edited by TheJustPull; 09-03-2011 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Forgot a point!
Old 09-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

I personally would say Army since I found out I was too old(22) to attend West Point IRL .
Old 09-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

All 3 are pretty fun to use, imo. Air Force is the strongest, currently, of the 3 teams and the Thunderbird uniforms are awesome. Navy isn't spectacular, but solid on both sides of the ball, and Army is making strides in the right direction, but are still behind the 2 other service academy schools in terms of speed and athleticism.

The Army camo uniforms are outstanding, though.

The big thing is recruiting. The service academies are treated just like every other school in this game, so to keep things realistic, you'll need to adopt some house rules to make sure you are getting guys that the academies would go after irl.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Remember last gen? The academies had guys in uniform in the stands, at least I recall Navy did. Miss that stuff.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
Banned

Go Army!
Do you really want to call your players semen?
The air boys? Their hats look like va jay jays
Old 09-03-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
MVP

nova91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buickbeast
Go Army!
Do you really want to call your players semen?
The air boys? Their hats look like va jay jays
I don't think anyone actually in the Army would want you representing them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »