Home

Arent we glad we have Custom Conferences?

This is a discussion on Arent we glad we have Custom Conferences? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Arent we glad we have Custom Conferences?

After listening for a week about the dissolution of the Big 12 Conference, this team moving here, that team moving there. I have decided that I HATE realignment!
I know a lot of you are trying to keep up with all the changes. GIVE IT UP! You're never going to be able to match real life. Little did EA know that basically every Conference would be altered to this extent. Bless their hearts, they tried. But they couldnt anticpate the lunacy that's ruining College Football Tradition.
So.. I am actually GLAD that EA included Custom Conferences this year. Not so that I could follow along with real life, but rather so that I can return the Conferences to some type of traditional layout.
TCU to the Big East..Nahhh
Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC.. Never
Nebraska to the Big Ten? Blasphemy you say!
Hell, I was against Arkansas and South Carolina joining the SEC.

So what I did was go Old School.
Nebraska, Colorado goes back to the Big Twelve, as does TCU, SMU,Arkansas and Rice.
Penn State goes to the Big East where they belong. Cincinnati and Louisville go back to C-USA. I also added Temple, Boston College and VT to the Big East.
South Carolina, Miami, and Georgia Tech go Independent. Florida State returns to C-USA.
Arizona, Arizona State, BYU, UTAH, Air Force, Fresno, Hawaii, UTEP, etc reforms the old WAC as it was in 1976.
ETC ETC ETC, You get the point.
Anyway, I am here to tell all of you that staying current is NOT the way to go. Return to the Glory Years! Return to Tradition!
Set your Conferences back to the way God intended. I implore you all.
Send a message to the NCAA that we are not sheep. We reject their money-grubbing ways. Viva la SWC!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Arent we glad we have Custom Conferences?

Just found the Custom Conference thread. So I'm moving this post to there. Sorry.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 22

Fsu in the c-usa sounds soft as hell.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
All Star

BGarrett7's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadia147
Florida State returns to C-USA.
Returns? No.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well actually when it was the Metro conference they played in there and were independent in football as were the other teams in the Metro conference. Conference USA was put together from the merger of the Metro conference and Great Midwest conference I believe it was called.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 02:14 AM   #6
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Well if you wanted to be traditional, try South Carolina in the ACC and Miami in the Big East. And as was mentioned, Florida State was never in C-USA. They were moved from an Independent to the ACC before C-USA was even formed. Also Georgia Tech was in the SEC before they joined the ACC. TCU, SMU, Arkansas, and Rice were never in the Big XII, so you got that wrong. I could go on, but I think you get my point.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:34 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStomper90
Well if you wanted to be traditional, try South Carolina in the ACC and Miami in the Big East. And as was mentioned, Florida State was never in C-USA. They were moved from an Independent to the ACC before C-USA was even formed. Also Georgia Tech was in the SEC before they joined the ACC. TCU, SMU, Arkansas, and Rice were never in the Big XII, so you got that wrong. I could go on, but I think you get my point.
Wheww you went way back!!!!! And Penn State wanted to be in the Big East but for some odd reason the Big East rejected them??????????
Old 09-24-2011, 03:23 AM   #8
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfc415
Wheww you went way back!!!!! And Penn State wanted to be in the Big East but for some odd reason the Big East rejected them??????????
Most likely because when you look at the Big East teams in 1985, when they voted to include Penn State, they weren't that good. On the other hand, Penn State was at arguably it's strongest. The Nittany Lions of the 80s were pretty much Miami of the 80s, sans swagger. The Big East didn't want to let someone in that would just beat them up for the next 2 decades. At least that's the way I see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »