Home

General Simulation question

This is a discussion on General Simulation question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
General Simulation question

Hello all,

I actually dont play the current gen NCAA games as I dont like them but this question is one that could apply for both versions, as far as I know.

Anyway, when simulating a game (basically just playing coach, recruiter, etc to build programs) you have your playbook and tendencies and your opponent does as well, obviously. An example being (and lets assume each team has every position and player exactly even, no differences at all in any way):

TEAM A:

West coast offense
34% run - 66% pass
Aggressiveness at around 80%
Subs at about 50%

4-3 Defense
43% run - 57% pass
Aggressiveness around 70%
Subs at about 50%

TEAM B:

Any combination of the like

Ok, my question is when Im simulating against a team like "TEAM A", with high aggressiveness on offense, is it best to then play with low aggressiveness on defense?
I guess, to put it bluntly, do you want to counter the opponents aggressiveness regardless of if its offensive or defensive or match it?

My thought has always been, for instance, that if a team throws a lot and is aggressive I would want to limit my aggressiveness out of fear of blitzing and leaving wide open WRs. Then again, the pressure COULD disrupt the passing of that team. I just dont know is there is a rule of thumb here within the game.

Do you try to exactly counter an opponents aggression in the opposite direction of their own or do you try to match it? In "TEAM A" example, would I:

Run my defense at 66% pass and 20% aggression (or close to it) or 66% pass and 80% aggression (or close to it?)?
Also on offense would I wanna run the ball with less aggression than their own (70%) or match their aggression?

Thanks and I understand that there are variables such as what kind of players I have and such. In real life, I know what i would do but Im not sure if the game's code has a set way of dealing with it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »