Home

Ncaa > Madden

This is a discussion on Ncaa > Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ncaa > Madden

i usualy play Madden and haven't played Ncaa for 4 years and was getting bored of madden so i decided to rent it from gamefly.

After playing 5 seasons in Dynasty then going back to madden i have to ask why is Ncaa so much better?

There are so many more options in dynasty than in franchise and everything is more in depth.

Not to mention the madden graphics and play style felt so cartoonish when i went back.

Madden has a bigger market and makes more money so why don't they make it at least as good as Ncaa?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ncaa > Madden

Honestly, I can't get into Madden nearly as much as I do NCAA. I think its because of one key thing you touched on, Madden feels 'cartoonish' to me as well.

Gamertag: LuringXylophone
Old 12-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #3
Rookie

ComebackDylan's Arena

OVR: 1

Pro sports suck, that'd be my guess.

BOOM!
Old 12-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #4
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17

i am playing both an ncaa franchise and a madden franchise to import the draft classes in to. i like the madden aspect, but love the ncaa. i may like madden more after the next season starts getting more rookies and first year players going.

i think with ncaa you have a lot of teams, you are recruiting a lot of guys and it is much more immersive.

the game play for both are similar enough, but with ncaa it feels like you are more in control if your team wins or loses than madden. you recruited the team. you need to know who can handle pressure and who cannot but at the same time you can get players on the field more and the composure starts to improve.

so overall, i like the new franchise changes to madden, but even though ncaa has done very little improvement, it is still more immersive.
Old 12-30-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
Banned

steelersfan77's Arena

OVR: 7

NCAA dynasty isn't stale. Madden needs to do alot to add to the enjoyment of a franchise. NCAA needs alot of work to though. I hate recruiting in NCAA, it also gets stale after awhile. Counter that with the coaching carosel it works itself out. NCAA needs to fix the recruiting glitch and Madden needs a fix on the ages of the rookies. Always something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComebackDylan
Pro sports suck, that'd be my guess.

BOOM!
Somehow college sports have more passion in them as opposed to the pros. They always have been IMO.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I like the NFL more than college football, but I just can't get into Madden whatsoever. Probably because I love recruiting more than trying to fit my team into a salary cap.
Old 12-30-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radja
i am playing both an ncaa franchise and a madden franchise to import the draft classes in to. i like the madden aspect, but love the ncaa. i may like madden more after the next season starts getting more rookies and first year players going.

i think with ncaa you have a lot of teams, you are recruiting a lot of guys and it is much more immersive.

the game play for both are similar enough, but with ncaa it feels like you are more in control if your team wins or loses than madden. you recruited the team. you need to know who can handle pressure and who cannot but at the same time you can get players on the field more and the composure starts to improve.

so overall, i like the new franchise changes to madden, but even though ncaa has done very little improvement, it is still more immersive.
I feel the same way. Madden is fun, but if forced to choose, I'd play NCAA over Madden because it offers me more replayability.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »