Home

Mascot Mashup! Really

This is a discussion on Mascot Mashup! Really within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon13 Mascot Mashup! Really

I realize that everyone has there favorite feature in the NCAA football series (RTG, Teambuilder, On'Off line Franchise etc) but what purpose does mascot mashup represent? It is so unrealistic and it truly has nothing to do with representing real college football. I can see it now the big BCS game the oranges (Syracuse) takes on the trees (Stanford) for the BCS National Championship Game. To me this is the biggest waste of memory space on this game. There could be so much more that could be added if this was deleted. I read some where that the developers put this in because it is so easy to place in the game. I am a big fan of college football and I want it to represented correctly. Mascots have there significance in the college world but not as a feature in NCAA Football. Please EA NCAA Football Developers take this out forever. In the words of WWE Superstar The Miz Really, Really, Really. Have a great day.

Last edited by ter11tam; 01-09-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: correcting typos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Mascot Mashup! Really

Honestly, I don't think it takes up that much space at all. That is to say I'm not sure anything too meaningful is being barred from being put into the game while Mascot Mashup exists. All it is are teams with all the same player model. How many mascots are there, anyway? It's only somewhere less than 100 3d models for the game. They don't have any special animations or anything.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ter11tam
It is so unrealistic
I stopped reading right there.. It's a gimmick that can be kinda fun to mess around with sometimes. All the teams are equal so you could probably get some really good games with a nice set of sliders and as stated before, it really doesn't take up too much memory.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal_Package
They don't have any special animations or anything.
Yes they do. They have a special animation where they can do front/back/side flips.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

it takes up basically no space(the mascots are already in the game on the sidelines), took basically no time to create, and it came with sponsorship money when it first came to current-gen(coke zero).

I don't see how that can be bad. I don't use, but I know of some people(kids) that have and find it funny/fun.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 09:46 PM   #6
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ter11tam
To me this is the biggest waste of memory space on this game. There could be so much more that could be added if this was deleted.
This is false. The mascots are already in the game and they are simply replacing player models with the mascots. If it takes up any disc space at all, it's incredibly minimal.

Also, you have not truly experienced Mascot Mashup until you've seen the Stanford Tree catch a ball with no hands.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Brutal_Package's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinkid626
Yes they do. They have a special animation where they can do front/back/side flips.
I stand corrected. They have less than a handful of animations.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes everyone has a favorite feature. Have a great day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »