Home

Coaching Carousel - Applying for jobs vs. Waiting for offers

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel - Applying for jobs vs. Waiting for offers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

OVR: 5
Coaching Carousel - Applying for jobs vs. Waiting for offers

Which is the better option on the coaching carousel? To apply for jobs on the carousel or just wait for teams to offer you? If I apply I get the message telling me that if I apply for this job, other teams that would offer might not offer because I apply. Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm OC at Southern Miss right now and have gone 26-1 with my one lost coming in triple overtime in the national championship against Wisconsin in my 2nd year that I just finished up and still only have a C coaching prestige. So with a C coaching prestige, is it smarter to apply for top jobs than waiting for offers to come to you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #2
Pro

War Eagle!'s Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Coaching Carousel - Applying for jobs vs. Waiting for offers

How do you apply for jobs? I thought they just offered you.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #3
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle!
How do you apply for jobs? I thought they just offered you.
This. I had no idea it was possible. Then again, I haven't played NCAA in months.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

During the carousel, you can select open positions and sometimes apply. You need to be able to do this before the carousel, so that you might be able to influence all the stuff that happens before you can even interact with it. Often there are only a couple open positions open at a time at this point. If there's another way to apply I'd love to hear it... I'd like to be able to target a position and get input like 'our coach isn't going anywhere, sorry' or 'we are looking for someone with a little more experience/prestige/etc'

Also need a lot more communication about why things are/aren't happening in-game relative to the carousel.

Last edited by mestevo; 04-16-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

This is wild, I never heard this mentioned before. I'll have to keep a look out for this as my dynasty moves forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #6
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
During the carousel, you can select open positions and sometimes apply. You need to be able to do this before the carousel, so that you might be able to influence all the stuff that happens before you can even interact with it. Often there are only a couple open positions open at a time at this point. If there's another way to apply I'd love to hear it... I'd like to be able to target a position and get input like 'our coach isn't going anywhere, sorry' or 'we are looking for someone with a little more experience/prestige/etc'

Also need a lot more communication about why things are/aren't happening in-game relative to the carousel.

This is how. Jobs such as Florida State and Maryland were coming up before anyone was actually on the clock for them, and there was an option to apply for the job if you view the contract, then apply instead of waiting to see if they offer (which they wouldn't).
Old 04-16-2012, 08:05 PM   #7
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12

I don't see where you are seeing the apply for jobs thing. If you select a school it just always says "We are going in a different direction." Or it will say "Look over the contract before signing."
Old 04-16-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
Rookie

TreyDobbs's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olemiss86
I don't see where you are seeing the apply for jobs thing. If you select a school it just always says "We are going in a different direction." Or it will say "Look over the contract before signing."
I'm pretty sure it only works in online dynasty or an offline dynasty with multiple people.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »