Home

Does EA read the "wishlist" forum?

This is a discussion on Does EA read the "wishlist" forum? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Does EA read the "wishlist" forum?

Actually, does EA read any of these forums?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #2
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Does EA read the "wishlist" forum?

Obviously they do read the forums. They made improvements to get rid of leaping linebackers and psychic dbs and made improvements to recruiting. Just 3 things right off the top of my head that were heavily requested by people that use these forums.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Rookie

I'm fairly new here is why I ask (even though I signed up a year ago). I've mainly posted on the wishlist forum, but not many people view those threads day-to-day.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

The purpose of EA's Game Changer program, from my understanding, is to be the middle man between the devs and the community. So the GCs gather all the 'wants' and normally pass along the most asked for information.

I do think they do some reading on their own as dreads were added and I doubt any GC put dreads in their own top 5 of what needed to be fixed. I really think someone from EA saw that one.

So, if its important to you and others, just keep pushing, they may surprise you.
Old 05-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

To be honest, the wishlist tournament on TGT holds way more weight then any other website. But then again, they also have the most Game Changers then any other website as well. So quite natural since it is way more of them in the program, what TGT wants, they get. Power in numbers.

I mean seriously, look what won their tournaments the past few years and look what got put in the game or fixed the following year. Not to say they don't browse all websites, because they do, it is just some websites hold more weight then others because they have more direct access.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMB0B
I'm fairly new here is why I ask (even though I signed up a year ago). I've mainly posted on the wishlist forum, but not many people view those threads day-to-day.
Sorry, I did not realize that you were new. I just figured you were a negative EA ***** because they all come out in full force this time of year.
EA does mention this website sometimes in their Blogs so they do pay attention to what is going on here. They may not comment directly on every little thing said but they do pay attention to what is being said.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
To be honest, the wishlist tournament on TGT holds way more weight then any other website. But then again, they also have the most Game Changers then any other website as well. So quite natural since it is way more of them in the program, what TGT wants, they get. Power in numbers.

I mean seriously, look what won their tournaments the past few years and look what got put in the game or fixed the following year. Not to say they don't browse all websites, because they do, it is just some websites hold more weight then others because they have more direct access.
That's a little disheartening. The things I ask for are not the norm from what I see requested. I try to explain my suggestions thoroughly, but not many people reply to my posts.

I've read that EA is limited on the gameplay engine (don't know if true), so I think what I request could actually be done without having to wait for the next-gen console. I'm more about depth to the game, and not simply cosmetic. Although the presentation stuff is neat, it's simply icing on the cake in my eyes. However, the "cake is lacking some ingredients." The icing can wait IMO.

As someone who follows college football closely in real life, I love the Xs and Os strategy and recruiting aspect of the game. I'm best friends with a 13-year NFL vet (showing my age here ), and that's all we seemingly talk about.

I'm not requesting whole-scale changes to the video game, but simply reworking/adding some things here and there to bring more authenticity to the dynasty feature.

Last edited by TIMB0B; 05-27-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Sorry, I did not realize that you were new. I just figured you were a negative EA ***** because they all come out in full force this time of year.
EA does mention this website sometimes in their Blogs so they do pay attention to what is going on here. They may not comment directly on every little thing said but they do pay attention to what is being said.
That's my fault. I could have reworded that better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »